Sunday, June 2, 2013

May 2013 Hit Listers

Hello! Just a quick post here. ^^ I'm taking a break from my take home work. ^^ May has been a little, let's just say food-filled. I took a little break from purchasing makeup but ended up eating a lot instead. Here are just some of the memorable stuff for the month of May.


1. Epicurean Cakes
-I will tell you now that you need to order from Epicurean Cakes. My family is seriously hooked with their cupcakes! We have tried their Kitkat and Red Velvet cuppies and we ordered another box for this week. Read why we love these sweets.


2. Etude House Sweet Recipe Baby Choux Base in Peach
-I love, love, love this base! Although balms work better for my oily skin, I like how light this feels on my skin. Plus, it has some coverage that allows me to rock it on its own. (Read review here.)


3. Maybelline Clear Smooth Shine Free Pressed Powder
-I understand now why my mom is so loyal to this pressed powder. Not the best for me, but definitely one of the good ones. Review here.


4. Etude House Baking Powder Pore Cleansing Foam
-I sampled the BB cleaning kind of this line last year and loved it. This is the regular one and so far, I'm loving it. Review to follow.


 5. Jocarste Nail Polish in A61
-As of this moment, I've finished half of this bottle. This is one of the prettiest colors of nail polish I've ever seen. Review here.


6. Maybelline Pure Liquid Mineral Foundation in #2
-I gave my sister my Maybelline Aqua Gel foundation because she likes taking pictures and BB Creams are not always the best bet since most of her BB creams have SPF. I chanced upon this liquid foundation, which was on sale, and it's actually pretty good. Review to follow.


7. Avon Mousse Eyeshadow in Rose?
- This one is my mom's and probably one of the oldest and most loved eyeshadows I own. When it started raining around May, I took this out for a ride again because the soft rose color just reminds me of spring. Well, rainy season is more like it.



8. Glen Necklace from Envy
-I've always been a fan of layered necklaces but it is hard to find individual necklaces that would look good together so when I finally found a pre-made layered necklace, I bought it without flinching. One of my favorite May purchases. Envy is available at the G/F of Trinoma. ^^ and in Zalora.


asianwiki.com
 9. Gu Family Book
-Most of the dramas airing now in Korea are sageuk or those that I know of anyway. Although I love watching dramas with historical settings, not all are, well, enjoyable to watch. That's what makes Gu Family Book so great. Lee Seung Gi (the lead of My Girlfriend is a Gumiho and King 2 Hearts) plays a half-human half-gumiho in search of the Gu Family Book so that he can become human and Suzy (of Miss A), well, she's just a badass sword-wielding leading lady and definitely not your ordinary damsel in distress. What I love about this series is that it has quite a heavy plot but there's still humor injected. And I love how Suzy and Seung Gi's characters in the story are starting to have well a stronger friendship. I'm hooked and I can't wait to see how it ends.

facebook.com
10. Get It Beauty
-When we lost our TvN channel *sobs* and eventually our cable connection *sobs again* about a year ago, I was really saddened because there was this show about makeup and beauty in Korea that I loved to watch every Thursday nights but then I found out about Get It Beauty, which has basically the same concept. Here's a screenshot of f(x)'s Krystal, one of Etude House's new endorsers, in an episode. Watch episodes of Get It Beauty on YouTube here and here.

Cheerio!

No comments:

Post a Comment