Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Food Talk: Swensen's Ice Cream and Sundaes

Hey guys! Last weekend, we decided to change our usual mall hang out and headed to SM Mall of Asia. I haven't been there for exactly a year. I remember fairly well I must say. ^^

Much to my disappointment, I wasn't able to find Peanut Butter and Company there anymore so after having lunch at Kimchi, we decided to have a little ice cream treat and headed to the first ice cream parlour I saw: Swensen's. I remember reading about it in Sumi of The Purple Doll's blog and decided to give it a try.

Believe me when I tell you that it took us quite a while to pick out what to order. Everything in their menu looks so good!









It's actually my first time to see cute personalized glasses. Look at all those ice cream flavors. ^^

And down below is the spoon that my mom wanted to take home. ^^



Finally, we decided on two flavors: Coffee Mocha Almond Cable Parfait and Frosted Choc Malt Fantasy.


Frosted Choc Malt Fantasy (285.00 Php)- Chocolate ice cream, chocolate syrup, marshmallow, malt balls which I think are Maltesers, whipped cream, choco chips, chocolate coated cherry with chocolate-coated Swensen's waffle-fan thing-y.


Coffee Mocha Almond Cable Parfait (245.00 Php)- There were three scoops of ice cream which I guessed were vanilla and coffee, caramel and chocolate syrup, tons of almonds, whipped cream, chocolate-coated cherry and Swensen's waffle fan.

The Verdict:
Off the bat, this ice cream place is awesome. The ambiance is great and the staff members were very friendly and all-smiles. I also liked that they offer per-scoop servings of their ice cream, so you'd get to mix your own sundae or parfait. They have something for everyone, even for kids. You could also opt to order their big ice cream concoctions like The Hurricane or The Earthquake, both have more than 5 scoops of ice cream, and split it among friends. They even have fondue!

Their ice cream dishes are quite pricey but, they're really worth it. Their ice cream is thick and gooey and not-too-sweet.

I'm definitely coming back there and try their fruit-flavored ice cream. You can find them at the southwing of SM Mall of Asia, Seaside Drive, G/F.


What's your favorite ice cream flavor? Lemme know. Cheerio!

2 comments: