Sunday, June 23, 2013

Essence Fix and Matte Translucent Loose Powder

Hi guys! Here's another overdue review. ^^ When I dropped by the Essence counter in MOA, I also picked up this translucent setting powder that I read from Ms. Martha of The Beauty Junkee's blog entry. She was very impressed with this loose powder so I figured I should give it a try. ^^




It's my very first translucent setting powder so I have nothing to compare it to. But it's actually pretty good. I have very oily skin and my usual powders last around an hour to three tops, then I'll get really disturbingly oily--the kind you'd want to blot and put on a layer of powder again.

Pros:
1. This probably is the first powder I've ever used that kept my oil at bay for very long. I usually get to the office at around 7. When I leave home, I put on some powder, then again when I get to the office. At around 10, my T-zone area gets incredibly oily but I just blot and let it be until lunchtime, when I can freely put on some more powder. 

When I used this, I didn't put on any more powder when I got to the office because my skin was completely "mattified." And when I checked my face during lunchtime, I was quite surprised that only my nose bridge and a part of my forehead were slightly oily--the kind you can just blot and proceed with whatever you're doing. ^^ So that's like around 5 hours of oil control! Pretty neat. ^^

2. You need only a little amount of powder to set your foundation and it really is translucent so you wouldn't have to worry about looking too white. ^^

3. You get 15.5 g of powder for only 259.00 and since you only need a little for everyday use, this can actually last for a very long time.

4. No noted funny smell.

Cons:
1. It's messy to use! ^^ I have to store it right side up so the product wouldn't get on the cover. Because if I don't, there'd be powder all over the floor when I open it. 

2. This has the tendency to make dry skin patches very visible.

3. There are times when I use this that I sniff it accidentally and it makes me want to sneeze. It's like sniffing flour. But that's just me.

4. Although a layer of this looks natural, putting too much on can actually make you look a little cake-y and too white. Learn from my mistake. *haha*

Given its price and performance, I think it's safe to say that this is actually a pretty good setting powder. A little messy to use, but good nonetheless.

What do you use to set your foundation/BB cream/CC cream? Lemme know. Cheerio!

2 comments: