Saturday, June 8, 2013

Certified Movie Buff: Blow Dry

Hi guys! Before writing about this movie that is probably unheard of by many, let me give you a quick introduction. ^^

When I was in elementary school, probably around 7 or 8 years old, I started to get really involved in extracurricular stuff in school. That was back when hair mascaras and body glitter were new stuff. I'd really get into class wearing body glitter with bronze streaks on my hair because I was so into them. My teachers did not really approve. *haha* I remember getting into trouble because my arms were all glitter-y and stuff during class photos.

Anyway, from then on, I spent a lot of time backstage during school events, fixing people's hair and make-up, washing off stains on someone's costume and stuff. I even dug up trash at one time because we needed, well, something. ^^ It was some sort of a job that I really enjoyed doing. I did it a few times in college too, but not as often. It's a life I kinda miss. ^^

 To be honest, this movie is actually one of the most influential films I've watched. I watched this when I was really young, and it sort of inspired me with the whole hair styling thing.


This is a 2001 film starring Alan Rickman, Josh Hartnett, Rachel Griffiths, Bill Nighy, Natasha Richardson, and Rachel Leigh Cook. And that's the young Heidi Klum as a hair model on the poster. ^^

It's actually a pretty heartfelt yet comedic story about family. Richardson plays Shelley, a hairdressing  shop owner who's battling cancer.  She wants to join this British hairdressing championship one last time with her ex-husband Phil (Rickman. side note: This is greasy greasy Severus Snape in a hairdressing film!)and son (Hartnett). It's actually a cool film where you get to see all these unique hairstyles injected with all these family problems along the way.

When you get the chance, check this movie out. You might actually enjoy it. Cheerio!

No comments:

Post a Comment