Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Maybelline Pure Liquid Mineral Healthy Natural Liquid Foundation in #2

Hi guys! It's the first week in of the school year. And the seemingly endless rains are starting to fall. ^^

While I was looking around Crossings in Quezon Avenue about a month ago, I found this Maybelline Mineral Foundation and I was actually talked into buying it.  I gave my sister my Aqua Gel Foundation (also from Maybelline) because she ran out of concealer, which she puts all over her face. And I wanted her to try it out because it's so easy to blend and actually has a pretty neat amount of coverage. So I had a reason to find myself a new foundie. ^^



I bought this at 50% off (249 Php) for 25 ml. It's probably the yellow-est among all the three shades. The bottle is made of glass but it's not too heavy.








Pros:
1. I like that it has a runny consistency so blending it is a breeze and it feels light on the skin.
2. Color suits my skintone (I have slightly light-ish medium, yellow-ish skin) well. (10 points! ^^ This happens very rarely. No adjusting of color needed)
3. Classy packaging. It actually looks very sleek.
4. Suitable for sensitive skin.
5. A little goes a long way. I actually just need a third of a pump (so I need to be very careful with the pump because it dispenses a lot)

Cons:
1. It has a semi-matte finish. It'd probably work for people who like their skin looking dewy, but I'm more of a matte finish kind of girl.
2. Price is a little on the high side when not on sale.
3. There aren't a lot of shades to choose from. There are only 3 (I think) and the other two have a bit of a pink fair tone.
4. It doesn't provide much coverage or oil control. It has very sheer to light coverage. I tried to do a second layer but it kinda looked a little too white. Oil control is a bit short--about an hour to an hour and a half. Two hours tops! (for me with super oily skin)

It's actually a good foundation because it makes you feel like your skin is not too covered up and can actually breathe, but I don't think it's for me since I'm all about, at least, medium coverage and a longer oil control power. But if oily skin or coverage don't concern you, I'd suggest you try this mineral liquid foundation.

Cheerio!

2 comments:

  1. Gonna skip this one since I have oily skin too and prefer oil control and better coverage. Thanks for the review, Charlie! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those are my preferences too! We're looking for the same things in a foundation. You're welcome! Thanks for reading it. ^^

      Delete