Tuesday, June 11, 2013

M&Co Long Lasting Matte Lipstick with Moisturizer in Brick Red

Hello!

As I've probably mentioned a lot of times here, I'm a real sucker for lip stains and tints, not only because they double as cheek color but also because they last a lot longer. That's why I only keep a few shades of lipsticks. My sister on the other hand, no matter how many lip stains I give her, still likes lipsticks better.

Although I could get her to try different shades of lippies, like corals or pinks, when she asks me to do her makeup, she still loves her red lippies. Her recent red lip color is from M&Co, which I used on my last dolled up entry. I was trying to get her to buy a different color but she still ended up with a dark red lipstick.




The color doesn't really remind me of bricks but I like that they name their lipsticks rather than just simply assigning codes. I tried this on today, just so I can vouch for what my sister thinks of this lipstick.



Pros:
1. Affordable. (Around 150-170 Php. Definitely not over 200)
2. Very pigmented. On the picture above, my sister has a layer of lipstick on. You can build up the color, depending on how strong you want the red shade to be.
3. Has a color indicator for easy lippie search. ^^(Just in case you're planning to grab a few more colors)
4. Sleek black packaging. It feels a little plastic-ky but it looks good
5. It's probably the only lipstick I've tried that could last for a whole day.
When my sister wore this one time, it survived a greasy beef meal, a can of soda, a tall sundae, and some flavored shaved ice. It remained intact and showed very little fading.
When I wore it today, I just dabbed some on, maybe less than a layer. It lasted the whole day on me! It even survived my toothbrush-ing. ^^

Cons:
1. Despite claiming to be "with moisturizer," like most matte lipsticks I've tried, it's quite drying. I suggest doing a pre-moisturizing step before putting it on since putting on lipbalm can make the lipstick bleed out on your lips.
2. Has a faint crayon smell
3. It's a bit of a struggle to put on since there's tugging experienced 
4. Not advisable for those with chapped, flaky lips since it has a tendency to "magnify" the flakes. ^^

Despite the cons, it's actually a good lipstick that's true to its long-lasting tag. I just hope certain tweaks would be made in terms of its moisturizing property. Nonetheless, it's a pretty good lipstick. M&Co is available at SM Department Stores.

Hooray for Holidays! Cheerio!

2 comments:

  1. Hooray for holiday talaga! :D Matte lippies are nice since they don't fade as quickly as other creamier ones, pero kalaban natin yung dryness! :P This shade looks really nice. You mentioned flavored shaved ice, was that Masatami? :D heehee

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you agree with me when it comes to holidays. ^^ haha. Yup, wala pa yata akong matte lipstick na hindi drying. How'd you know it was Masatami? It was actually. ^^

    ReplyDelete