Friday, June 21, 2013

Etude House Baking Powder Pore Cleansing Foam

Hi! I'm sorry for being MIA this week. Our beloved laptop has decided to take a break, and actually act up so we had to have it fixed. But, I'll try to make it up to you this weekend with the overdue reviews.

When I ran out of my Neutrogena cleanser last month, I decided to try something Korean. I was supposed to get the one from Etude House's AC Clinic line since the products from this line has Salicylic Acid, but decided to try this one first. I was very impressed when I tried the BB Cleansing version of this Baking Powder cleanser last year. This one is the regular version. 




A tube costs 328.00 Php and you'd get 170 ml of product, which is a lot. It's actually a pretty big tube. (My sister took these pictures since when I get home, the sun's waayy down. That's her hand with the blob of foam). If I remember well, the BB Cleansing one is  428.00 Php. With my panic-mode on, thinking that my Pink Membership card was about to expire, I got this for around 260.00.

The Verdict:
I'm doing an umbrella review on this one since I can't weigh the pros and cons too well. The smell is still like a mild soap like Ivory. Texture-wise, it feels like it has small unseen beads for exfoliation. I like that after I wash my face using this, I actually feel like I've removed every trace of oil on my skin. But, it didn't quite have the same long term oil control effect that the BB Cleansing foam offered. I also can't vouch for its pimple zapping powers. Although my skin feels squeaky-clean every time I use it, it didn't help with my acne problems. Then again, I guess that's not in its job description. ^^

Overall, as a cleanser, this totally works especially if you have oily skin. To those with dry/normal skin, you might find this a little bit too drying. When I get the little bumps, I'd probably go back to my Salicylic Acid-powered defenses. But during no-pimple days, I'd definitely use this.

Cheerio!

No comments:

Post a Comment