Saturday, June 8, 2013

I Nailed It #8: All that Glitters

Hi guys! I know, the title is not very original. I hope you can let this one pass. ^^ Watching K-dramas and Korean shows has been influential to the way I see nail art. Most Hallyu stars, at least those that I get to watch and read about, take nail art very seriously. I mean, we're talking Firmos and gems the size of your normal earrings glued to their nails! Although I am yet to glue huge bows on my nails, I've loved nail color gradation, colored French tips, and now, accented nails (I honestly don't know what it's called).

Yoon Eun Hye (Joy/Lee Soo Yeon/Zoe of I Miss You/Missing You; Coffee Prince, Goong/Princess Hours) didn't just under the limelight, yet again, hot pink lips and coral lips with her melodramatic character in I Miss You. She also had these nail art designs throughout the series that are so cute. Think: royal blue French tips and nails with accents.



I really love Twinkle's nail polishes. They're so small and affordable (less than 15 pesos a bottle. 12-ish)  so you'd definitely get to empty the bottles out before the product dries up. Yoon Eun Hye's nail art are definitely more dramatic and detailed but I figured this could work too. Plus, I don't have to suffer from trying to get the glitter polish off of every single nail. Just one nail. ^^

What I have on is three thin layers of Mud on each nail except the point finger, which has one. And four layers of Glitter Gold. Glitter Gold doesn't have a lot of glitter chunks so I really had to layer to get this intense glitter-y look. The layer of Mud underneath the glitter makes it...cohesive...with the rest. ^^

A little tip I learned from Buzzfeed: Get a cotton ball, divide it into five, soak each in acetone and put it on your nails. Within a few seconds, the nail polish comes right off. No excessive rubbing needed. Of course, it still depends on how many layers of polish you put on. The thicker the polish, the harder it is to remove, especially glitter-y ones. ^^

Have you tried this nail art trend? How do you like it? Lemme know. Cheerio!

No comments:

Post a Comment