Friday, June 21, 2013

Essence All Eyes On Me Mascara

Hello! Just a quick mascara entry before I go to sleep. ^^ Tomorrow is still Friday work-day for me. ^^

When we went to Mall of Asia a few weeks ago, I knew I had to visit Essence, a European brand that just into the Philippines. Since it's not yet available in SM North Edsa, which is the nearest mall to our place, I know I couldn't leave MOA without checking it out.





Since I no longer have any mascaras in stock, I decided to try one from Essence. It was a bit of a struggle since the brand has a lot of mascaras. In really cute packaging tubes. And I only have a pair of lashes to put mascara on. ^^ Since it said "multi-effect mascara" on the tube, I decided to buy this since it promised curling, volumizing, and lengthening effects.

A tube costs 149.00 Php.





Pros:

1. Quite affordable given that it's a big tube of mascara.
2. Its kind of wand is the type that works for me because it separates my lashes well and it works for the bottom lashes too since it's not too big
3. I experienced no clumping with this mascara.
4. The packaging is a real eye-turner. One of the main factors that contributed to the purchase. ^^
5. Really black in color. I really can't work with gray-ish black mascaras and this is super black in color, so it's good.
6. Easy to wash off.

Cons:

1. Panda Eyes! Unfortunately, because of my oily lids, it smears around my eyes. It seems like it doesn't really dry up completely because even when I blink and have too much mascara on...hello panda.
2. Didn't hold the curls of my lashes.
3. I used this one my sis during her recent blog photo shoot (photo above) and it didn't quite volumize and lengthen her lashes like I wanted. It helped that it was super black so it made her eyes look intense but it gave no additional volume.

Essence has a lot of affordable stuff I want to try and though this mascara didn't quite cut it for me, I actually want to try its other mascaras and see what would work for me.

Have you tried anything from Essence? Lemme know. Cheerio!

No comments:

Post a Comment