Saturday, June 29, 2013

Sophie Martin Magic Pink Cream

Hello! The middle of the year is finally ending. Time flies by so fast! Anyway, I apologize for being missing for a couple of days. We finally got the chance to sort out our computer problems but we still have to re-arrange most of our files and programs and stuff, so.

Let me share with you though my favorite blusher as of the moment. I've always been a big fan of Avon's Simply Pretty Liquid Lip and Cheek Tint-- the roll-on type that was a bit violet-ish in color. But when they changed the packaging and formula, it wasn't as good as it used to be so I decided to look for something similar.




When I read stuff from GirlTalk, this cream blusher from Sophie Martin is always mentioned. It's supposedly very long lasting with a vibrant rosy color. The problem is, this one's not easily available. You have to look for it online or find a Sophie Martin representative. Thankfully, my officemate's sister is one so I was able to get ahold of this.






Forgive my hand as I was testing an eyeliner prior to the picture taking. ^^

Pros:
1. True enough, this is very long-lasting and can work well for oily skin. The color doesn't fade throughout the day and can last for about 12 hours. (I put this on when I did some overtime work so it's no lie ^^)

2. Very affordable. It's 85 Php a tube.

3. A little goes a very long way. If we were to speak about its pigmentation, it would be very pigmented. I'd just say that the color is intensely pink. ^^

4. I love the texture since it was like putting on a light cream.

Cons:
1. I wish the color does develop after a minute. The problem is it develops in less than a minute. So if you're a dab-dab-and-blend type of person, like me, it can look a little, how'd you say, splotchy? You'd end up with red marks from where you first put on the product. And that first color swatch picture? I end up with that on my hand all day because that's where I first put on the blush.

2. The scent threw me off a little, although it smells like powder. 

3. It can be hard to get your hands on it. ^^

What I do is I mix it with some concealer. It gives me a few extra seconds to do my blending. It does the trick but it does make the color a little less intense. But it still stays on for long.

Cheerio!


4 comments:

  1. Great review dear. :) I just followed you via GFC & Bloglovin. See you around. :)

    XX, IamJenniya
    New Post! >> Bustiers and Bandeaus

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Love your blog! ^^ Followed you back. ^^

      Delete
  2. I've been wanting to get this for the loongest time but they're always out of stock. Will try my luck the next time I'm in a Sophie branch haha! Just a question though, is this good for someone who has problematic pores? I hate that with some of the blushes I've tried in the past (both powder and cream type ones), they just look cakey and obvious and in the end I just want to take 'em off! I guess that's why I don't use them much as much as I'd like to. I want to give this one a shot though cos its really affordable, although kinda hard to get a hold of! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I waited for a couple of weeks before I was able to get mine. ^^ When the weather is extremely hot, I have the same problem with blushers because my pores are all "out there". But with this one, I don't think there'd be a big problem. It's of very light cream consistency that it looks natural on and you really can't feel it anymore once you blend it in because it kinda sits well on your skin, unlike when you put on cream or powder blushers. I hope I was able to help ^^

      Delete