Sunday, November 25, 2012

Maybelline Clear Smooth Aqua Gel Foundation in True Beige

Hi guys. Sorry for being gone for almost a week. My eyes decided to take a break from staring at computer screens. Anyway, when I started investing on makeup products, I skipped foundations and went straight to BB creams. It was just now that I realized I needed to try foundations as well.

Having oily yet sensitive skin made it hard for me to find the right foundation. I've heard that I should go for oil free ones, and I've heard raves about the Maybelline Clear Smooth Aqua Gel Foundation. My next problem was finding a yellow-toned one. With my sister's help, I think I just found the right one.

I've been using this for a couple of weeks and I think I'm ready with a verdict


Sorry about my sister's minions. =) The lighting was better on her bed.
30 ml for 349 bucks




 Pros:
1. Water based which makes it dry easily 
2. Very light on the skin
3. Has light to medium coverage
4. 100% oil free ( at least it says so on the container)
5. Hygienic tube opening. Controlling the product is easy.
6. 24 True Beige is a cross between yellow and pink tones. I thought it would be too pink for me, but I think it actually lies more on the yellow tone
7. Finishes matte
8. Last for about 4-6 hours before oil starts building on the T-zone area which is good enough for me. 

Cons:
I only have two problems with this foundation. Having it water-based and easy drying can be a con for some. I actually tried applying it using a brush, and it's a bit taxing because it can dry up before you can blend it well.  I suggest applying it with your fingers so it can stay warm until you can blend it.
And it doesn't have SPF, so using a sun cream before it remains crucial.

All in all, I think for its price, it's a very good foundation for those who have oily and sensitive skin like me. Its cons are something I can deal with anyways.

Any favorite foundations? Lemme know. Cheerio!

2 comments:

  1. I've been using this product 1 year ago for straight 2years, but I switched to bb creams, i can't stand with foundation anymore! I super agree that it's best for oily skin. Keep posting.


    www.fashionerza.com
    Long time follower here, please follow back

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have the opposite experience! This is actually my first foundation. I am a BB cream person. =)

      Delete