Sunday, May 19, 2013

Maybelline Clear Smooth Shine Free Pressed Powder in Nude Beige

Hi guys. Before the weekend finally, well, ends, I just wanted to share with you this pressed powder that I've been using the past couple of weeks. My mom has finished two of this pressed powder. I, on the other hand, have always been loyal to my BB powder ever since I found out about it. I finished three pans. ^^

But I figured I should try to see if other pressed powders can work for me. So I decided to try this one from Maybelline.






I had a hard time choosing the shade though because I don't want to pick up a powder that'd look weird on my yellow skin. I ended up picking Nude Beige over Honey, which had a stronger yellow tone, but a bit darker. A pan costs 199.00 but Maybelline now has a to-go smaller compact which is only 99.00.



The Verdict:

When I tried this on at home, on my entire face, I realized it wasn't an exact shade match. Well, getting my exact shade match in powders and BB creams and foundations is like an ordinary-miracle-and-once-in-a-blue-moon moment. But, the good thing is that it's not entirely off. A bit too light for me but with a lighter application or good blending, it's fine. I love that it keeps my oil at bay for a good 3 to 3 and a half hours and even has SPF. I hope that it had more coverage and a lot smoother finish though. Probably their foundation version does a better job in these areas. It is unscented, as claimed.

Price is quite alright for a pressed powder and it has a lot of product too. I hope they improve the sponge though. Because my mom has tried this long before I did, I happen to know that the sponge gets ruined easily after washing since the top part is glued on. If it were stitched, it'd probably be better.

It is a good pressed powder but I'm all for more coverage. I'd probably end up trying their compact foundation. ^^

Anyways, have a great week ahead. Cheerio!

No comments:

Post a Comment