Thursday, May 9, 2013

Food Talk: Bleu Vanilla

Hey guys! Just a quick post here about a new cupcake stall that my sister discovered. Bleu Vanilla is fairly new. They opened earlier this month in SM North Edsa, The Block. They're located at the second floor, somewhere near Cotton On and Sumo Sam.












 These are their very cool cupcakes for mother's day. Some are priced at 65, others, 85.


Their regular cupcakes cost 60 each and the premium ones, 65.










We took home Coffee (60), Carrot (65), Red Velvet (65), and Mint (65). Their cupcakes have royal blue paper wrap, except for the carrot one.

The Verdict:
First of, probably because they've just opened, the stall isn't that well lighted yet. My sister actually had a bit of difficulty taking pictures. But the Bleu Vanilla lady was very nice. ^^ Price wise, they're not too bad either. Not as cheap as the others I've tried but not too expensive either.

I love that they have all sorts of flavors. There's something for tangy-flavor lovers and those who love sweet cupcakes. I was surprised to see orange and lemon cupcakes but was too chicken to try em. ^^ 

Family favorites were the Carrot, Red Velvet, and Mint. All had a cross of moist yet a little crumbly base. The mint actually had a dark chocolate cake base and had, what my sister thinks is an After Eight chocolate, a small chocolate bar with mint filling. The coffee was nice too, but the base was quite grainy. I think it had a salted frosting, too. I'm not quite sure. ^^ The carrot one actually had visible carrot, well, shreds which was awesome. The thing with the carrot though is that it had very little frosting. It was nice though since it wasn't overpowering. The red velvet, which my mom loved, was very moist and tasty.

All in all, the cupcakes were good. Not too sweet, and the frosting, which is always a big issue for me, was superb. Plus, they look cute. ^^

Now, I'm itching to try the lemon and orange ones. ^^ Check out their Facebook page here.

Cheerio!


No comments:

Post a Comment