Saturday, May 18, 2013

Food Talk: Mary Grace

Hi. Again. Told you I was gonna try to make it up to y'all. ^^

I have a new food entry for you. My mom has always been curious about Mary Grace. Whenever we shop at Trinoma, she always sees this quaint resto with so many people. Well, they always looked too packed and all crammed up.






Apple and Cinnamon/ Peach Iced Tea (89.00/glass)




 Creamy Carbonara (229.00)



                             Spanish Sardines something...teehee.. (233.00)




Fish and Bell Pepper Cream Sandwich (215.00)  


                                               Mary Grace Hot Chocolate (121.00)


The Verdict:

First of all, I would have to say love their service. It was a bit slow probably because there were a lot, and I mean a lot of people there because it was a Friday night, but then again, the lady who served us was totally nice. We wanted a seat inside for a bit of privacy (Mary Grace in Trinoma has seats outside, so people shopping just walk by you), so we waited, and when there came a vacant table inside, a lady sat immediately but the Mary Grace lady server kindly told her that we were already waiting for the table. ^^ Good start.

We decided to have two bowls of pasta and a sandwich and just split 'em up so we'd get to taste everything. First timers *haha*. The first thing that came to our table was my mom's Mary Grace Hot Chocolate. She just loved it and was scraping the chocolate remains at the bottom of the cup. The consistency is that of a chocolate syrup. Yup, it was that thick, but, according to my mom, it was just good. My sister loved her Apple and Cinnamon Iced Tea, with an aftertaste of cinnamon, she said. And I loved my peach iced tea as well. It didn't have that strong tea taste, which most house teas have, so I loved it.

The pastas were amazing. Al dente. ^^ And don't let the servings fool you. It actually looked like one bowl wouldn't be enough for a very hungry person, but we ended up splitting everything because the bowls actually had a lot of pasta. The spanish sardines pasta was loaded with olives and sardines and had a little spicy kick. I actually liked it, despite my little-hate for spicy food. The carbonara was good too, it had smoked meat I think and was really creamy. But as a I-put-cheese-on-everything-except-desserts person, I think it could use a bit more, well, parmesan. The sandwich I loved to bits. I know fish fillets can be tricky to cook because you'd always end up with that fishy taste if it's not done well, but their sandwich had very, very little, or probably just in my head fish taste. Their bread was awesome as well, a different kind of wheat bread. I loved the sauce too, even though I absolutely hate bell pepper. Maybe that's because I didn't even taste the bell pepper. That could either be good or bad. I loved the chips too. ^^

Well, basically I loved everything about Mary Grace. Their prices might be a little high that they have sent my brains sky-rocketing, but I'd say it was worth it. We even left a little message under the glass of their table, which you can  totally do if you're willing. Definitely worth another trip. And their ensaymadas and cheese rolls are good too. Or so I've heard. I took some home, and didn't get the chance to taste 'em anymore. *haha*

Next time, their cakes are mine. Cheerio!

No comments:

Post a Comment