Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Certified Movie Buff: Miss Congeniality

Hello! Here comes another movie, well, entry. I was gonna say that it's a secret inclination but since I'll be sharing it, it doesn't seem much of a "secret." While other people love romantic comedies, romantic films, and others, I like action packed films with a dash of comedy. That's when undercover movies come in. 

filmlinks4u.net
Miss Congeniality (2000) is one of my favorite films of all time. I love it to bits just because I think Sandra Bullock did such a good job on portraying a bad-ass cop and a pageant queen all at the same time.

Bullock plays the boyish, with-no-poise-whatsoever, owns-no-hairbrush-and-every-mess-in-between FBI agent Gracie Hart. Hart is practically always in the bureau's hot seat for lack of discipline so when she gets the chance to redeem herself, she goes undercover as a Miss USA candidate to stop a possible terrorist bombing. So yes, the agent who laugh-snorts and dons ketchup stain on her uniform ditches everything else but the gun and wears a bikini and yes, the evening gown.

I love the film because I didn't think Gracie completely revamped herself and became all girly, which is what I was afraid off. She was still a little crass and rough, even with heels on. And it's nice to see her stuffing donuts into, well, everywhere when she was thrown into the "diet den."

fanpop.com

The second movie was not much of a "wow" sequel for me. It was good and still had action, but because it lacked the surprise and sass that the first one had, it was just another funny movie for me. It was good, but because everyone already knew Gracie, my undercover love just went down the drain.

Anyways, if you want to watch this film, there are still CDs available at your local video stores.

Cheerio!

No comments:

Post a Comment