Saturday, May 18, 2013

Etude House Baby Choux Base in #3 Peach Choux

Hello!

I've probably mentioned wanting to have the Baby Choux Base in most of my previous entries. Aside for fan-girling over Sulli, I'm actually looking for a promising primer or base. But, when the products from the Sweet Recipe line hit the stores, only the Berry shade was available.

Finally, last month, I saw that there were already two tester jars of the Baby Choux. Right then I knew that the peach shade has arrived. All I could say was AT LAST. Even my mom and sister were thankful since I can't stop talking about wanting to buy this.








I wanted the Peach shade since I've read that this one is for people with yellowish skin. This is also available in the green one, for those with reddish areas, and the berry one for pale or fair skinned. A jar costs Php 628.00. Well, you're not just paying for the product. I mean look at that cute-sy jar. ^^




The consistency is that of whipped cream and it smells like, well, peaches.

Pros:
1. Have I told you how absolutely cute the jar is? Well, I sure am keeping it when I empty it out.
2. Smells like peaches. I love scented cosmetics as long as they're not overpowering. You'd smell peaches a little after you apply it but it goes away, eventually.
3. A little goes a long way and provides light coverage.
4. I love that it has a semi-matte finish and I can blend it on my skin easily.
5. Has SPF 25. Enough protection if you're not spending time under the sun for too long.
6. Makes makeup application easy. It makes the skin so smooth to work on.
7. Can lengthen oil control for about half an hour to an hour. Lately, 've been blotting after two hours (it's because it's too hot these days!). When I use this, I could reach a little before lunchtime not looking too greasy.

Cons:
1. Applying a little too much can give you a too-white look. Either you blend well or apply a little.
2. I wished it made my pores appear smaller. Maybe it did miracles for some of my pores, but those big ones are still there
3. It has silica. I heard a lot of people are allergic to this so this might be a con for them.
4. Not much of a con, but a wish. More oil control power!
5. A little pricey for a base.

At times when I feel like my skin needs to breathe, I just put this on and dust some powder on. I actually like it and I will always be happy that I bought it. My most reached-for product these days. ^^

Cheerio!


2 comments:

  1. I love this base too. It smells so good and it evens out my skin. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's why I love it too! It smells good and even has coverage. ^^

      Delete