Saturday, May 25, 2013

Food Talk: Cafe Dominic

Hi guys! Welcome to the all-new Charlie's Mirror, where I talk about my constant craving for sweets. ^^ Kidding. My "beauty products" are currently on their roadtesting stage, so they would probably be ready in a few weeks or so. ^^ For now, I decided to "feed" you with what I've been trying for the past weeks. Stress does this to me. ^^

Every day, on my way to work, I see this small cafe housed inside the Sto. Domingo Church area. Cafe Dominic is at Biak na Bato. If you walk around Sto. Domingo Church, you won't miss it. One day I just decided to see what was inside.





I ended up bringing home a slice of their caramel chocolate cake (110.00/slice) and a mini devil's food cake(140.00/mini, 130.00/slice). The caramel slice was actually quite big and I picked up the mini version of the devil's food cake because it looked cute. ^^ They also had a pecan pie, a black and white mousse cake, and carrot cake.

The cafe itself could probably fit around 20-30 people since there are also seats and tables outside. They also offer coffee and a couple of juice drinks. Prices of their drinks play at aroun 100+ if I remember correctly. They also offer unlimited cakes and coffee for 200.00, although I don't know if that's a scheduled promo.

The Verdict:

The cakes were very moist and even survived an hour long of travel without falling apart. I liked how their slices are really big that you get what you actually paid for. My favorite would have to be the devil's food cake. The light meringue really brought out the sweet taste of the chocolate cake. While my sister's a middle field player, my mom and dad enjoyed the caramel. It was a little too sweet for my taste but it was good. Kinda like eating chocolate cake topped with yema. I'm guessing it would be best paired with coffee.

I'd love to try their other cakes but a definite must-but for me would be the devil's food cake. It rocks!

If you'd ever find yourself around the Sto. Domingo Church area or you had just attended Mass, I suggest visiting Cafe Dominic and trying out their sweet treats.

Find more about them here. Cheerio!

No comments:

Post a Comment