Sunday, May 12, 2013

Food Talk: Karate Kid

Hello guys! Happy Mothers' Day to all the, well, moms out there. We actually celebrated Mothers' Day a little bit early since today was quite busy with other celebrations.

For our Mothers' Day celebration, we went to Karate Kid located at LGF, Waltermart, Munoz. We used to go to the one in SM Fairview but that one's much farther.


CHEESY CHICKEN KATSUDON (125.00)

BEEF TERIYAKI (99.00)

TONKATSU PORK (115.00)

TOFU STEAK (99.00)

MUDSLIDE CREPE (69.00 EACH)


CALIFORNIA MAKI (8 PCS./80.00)
GYOZA (5 PCS./ 75.00) (NOT IN THE PICTURE)


The Verdict:

I've dined in Karate Kid loads of times and am always satisfied with their dishes. Everything tastes awesome and the prices are not bad as well. They even offer meals for two with drinks in such an affordable price. They have refillable rice meals too. But it has been a while since I've dined last there, so I did notice a few new items on their menu.

I ordered the Cheesy Katsudon for myself. It was awesome since the chicken wasn't dry, but I wish it had more cheese and less sauce because it was a little salty. The gyoza was awesome because it was tasty and cooked perfectly. My sister loved her teriyaki meal since the beef was chewy enough. The tonkatsu was cooked well and the vegetables that came with it were good. The maki was good too. Not much of a mayonnaise fan, but I liked it. The tofu steak was as great as always but there is less than what I remembered. We used to share an order of tofu steak, and now, it seems like it would just be enough for one person.

I was actually surprised to see crepes on their menu plus a mochi halo-halo. But we decided to go for the crepes. We wanted the ones with fruits but they only had the chocolate-based ones. They were actually good because they weren't too sweet like most chocolate crepes. I wanted to try the halo-halo too but I was already too full.

If ever you'd find yourself near a Karate Kid branch, do try out their meals. They're awesome. ^^

Cheerio!


1 comment:

  1. Hi! I am having a monthly giveaway. I hope you will find time and like to follow and join.
    http://www.rochellerivera.com/2013/05/may-2013-hello-kitty-package-giveaway_17.html
    Thank you!
    Much love,
    Rochelle
    www.rochellerivera.com

    ReplyDelete