Wednesday, August 8, 2012

4u2 dreamGirl Lovelight BB Powder SPF15 PA++

Hi guys. Can I just say one more time that the weather is just crazy? We were actually trying to save our house from getting flooded. We were scooping water out because water was coming out from everywhere inside our house--the ceiling, the walls, the drains. Just everywhere. I hope everyone's now doing a bit better because the weather is supposedly getting well. Even though it's still raining hard here around our place.

Anyway, while I'm preparing for a special post (it's taking me a while to answer the questions haha) here's a quick review of my powder of the moment. I decided it was time to hand back to my mom the foundation I "borrowed" from her, even though it has already hit the pan.

I got this because of the posts I've read from Ms. Donnarence's My Lucid Intervals and Ms. Say's Makeup By Say Tioco Artillero. I figured that if they were singing it praises, I should try one too. But, man, it was so hard to get ahold of one. This was literally the last piece and the nice SA and her magical sales-talk power convinced me to buy this.




Comes in 3 shades (Mine's #3, which is a tad too dark for me)
Price: 194.00
I think it's about 7g





Pros:
1. Has SPF
2. Oil control is about 4-5 hours, which is good enough for me
3. Works like a BB cream, making the face seem smooth and almost poreless
4. Has coverage. Around light to medium coverage 
5. Travel-friendly
6. Sponge is of good quality
7. Can be blended to match skin tone
8. Didn't give me breakouts or rashes 

Cons:
1. Almost always out-of-stock
2. I have a thing about pink. I don't like the color, but this is just a "me" thing. Doesn't affect the quality of the product whatsoever.
3. Not my exact shade, which is my fault =)

I like this powder actually. I just wish that I waited for them to have stocks of the one that suits my skin color. #3 can be blended to match my skin tone (just as how the SA demonstrated it to me) but when I don't blend it well, you'd see how my face is of a different color than my neck. It's just a tad darker so it's all good with proper blending. When this runs out, I'll just grab the lighter shade. 

Stay warm and dry guys! Cheerio! 

P.S. To Nicole, the sweet girl who tagged me for the special post, if you're reading this, I promise to hurry up and complete the post. =)


10 comments:

  1. I've been wanting to try this BB Powder eversince ate donna raved about this... I'm waiting until I save up enough money... have lots of expenses na kasi hahaha!

    And it's okay na hindi mo madaliin, grabe yung nangyari sa weather these past few days kasi... although very curious na ako na makilala ka kasi charlie.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. Medyo pricey kasi siya for a pressed powder =)Thanks again for giving me the tag. I'll do the post soon. I hope you and your family are doing well, despite the weather. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to try this.
    I hope you can tell me where I can purchase one :)
    Great review~
    oh btw I nominated you for The versatile blog award because I love your blog.

    Do check it out :)
    http://underthesamebluesky.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got mine from Watsons, SM North Edsa, Annex. I think all the SM Watsons have it. It's just always out of stock. Glad you liked the review and thanks for the nomination! =)

      Delete
    2. I got one :)
      I went to Watsons yesterday and saw it. I immediately grabbed one. So glad it wasn't out of stock.

      Thank you~

      Delete
    3. Glad you got one. You're welcome.

      Delete
  4. very cute packaging! and great review :) xxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, it's very eye-catching. =) Glad you liked the review. Thanks for dropping by. =)

      Delete
  5. Great review! I'm now following your Blog, Please check out mine as well and maybe follow back if you like? Thanks Doll!
    http://stardreamer0223.com

    xoxo
    Zai

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Thanks for following my blog. Followed yours too. =)

      Delete