Friday, August 10, 2012

I Got Bitten By the Blog Bug

About a few days ago, I got a comment from Nicole of axonsanddendrites that she awarded me with a "tag award" called the Blog Bug award (her personal creation). The moment I read about it, I started answering the questions and I got stumped, so I took a few days rearranging my answers. =)

I admit that it's very difficult for me to answer questions, but I just went on with it. It was fun still. So here goes nothing. =)




According to Nicole:

"I want to give the Blog Bug award to all those bloggers out there who are active and are always trying to update their fellow bloggers and readers even with their busy life from work and such. I know that it is only passion, drive and happiness from their readers' comments that make them try to do more posts, and I hope that with this Award/tag, we can create a closer knit community of bloggers and readers from all around the country and the world. :)"

And the rules are:
  • If you are given the Blog Bug award, You must answer the questions that follow and the title of the post should be "I Got Bitten by the Blog Bug"
  • You must give the link of where you originally got this award, and you can tag as many bloggers as you want. Link their pages on the post and also inform them through comments in their blog. :)
  • Optional: You must post a banner corresponding to the site that you are using to blog in your sidebar and it should link back to your post about the Blog Bug Award.

And here's me answering (at least trying to) the questions:

1. When and why did you start blogging?

-I started blogging officially and perpetually 4th of July 2011. That's my personal blog though. I created Charlie's Mirror January 2012. I started blogging because of the persuasion of my good friend in college. I've always wanted to go further than my journals when I share my thoughts so that I could reach more people (and fix my shyness), and my friend suggested that I try blogging. I guess it worked. I was a bit doubtful about maintaining a blog at first, but I went on with it. Charlie's Mirror is just a brainchild of my obsession with just about anything and makeup.

2. What do you love to blog about and why do you like it?
-I love blogging about anything, but I jump-started this blog with makeup stuff because it has become an obsession. My mom tickled my fancy for applying makeup when I was young and it just grew with me. But I'm also borderline obsessed with movies, television series, books, and music, so I guess you'll see a bit of everything on that in this blog soon.

3. How did you get your blog name?
-I've named my blogs after my fictional characters from unfinished works. I decided that since the writings will not be finished anytime soon, I'll take the characters out for a ride as my blog personas. Charlie's Mirror is named after Charlotte or Charlie, the character I described as a witty redheaded girl. She's knows no bounds and remembers everything she sees. I see her as someone who'd write a blog, and won't hold back. The mirror is a way of saying that everything that I encounter and see, I try to share with you. That, and I love Disney, Snow White, and the magic mirror on the wall. =)

4. What do you think is your best post yet?
- I don't think I have one yet that I'd consider my "best." Soon I hope. But as of this moment, I'm all for my attempts on nail art. =)

5. What is your inspiration for blogging at present?
-My inspiration right now of course would definitely be the readers who take the time to read my posts. Knowing that someone out there is taking the time to take in my weirdness and read my blog inspires me. =)

6. Message for your readers:
-Hi! Thank you for taking the time to read my entries, going through my lengthy explanations and twisted words. Thanking you for leaving comments, suggestions, and everything else. Thank you for trying to connect with me. I hope that you will see me as your friend someday soon. =)

And now for the fun part, I give this Blog Bug Award to:


And if you happened to have just come across my blog, and found this a fun post to try yourself, then I'm tagging you. =)

Have a great weekend guys. Cheerio!


8 comments:

  1. Oh! This is an interesting tag - I like the questions! I enjoyed reading this, haha. I have to say though, having a blog really does help with the shyness issue!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Then I'm tagging you Shen! Link your entry here when you're done. Glad you enjoyed this. I agree, it helps with shyness but it doesn't cure it unfortunately. =)

      Delete
    2. thanks for tagging will try this too=)

      Delete
  2. awww :3 sorry i have only stumbled upon this tag because I havent visited my blog for a while.. Thanks Charlie for this tag =) I appreciate that I am included here <3 I dont get tagged and awarded that much haha :p

    ReplyDelete