Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Tony Moly Party Lover Gel Eyeliner in Pearl Navy (#4)

Hi guys. The rain is craaazzyyyy! Anyway, I promised you guys a review of this gel eyeliner that I bought from Ms. Charmaine of Kkochipida (check her website) She's got tons of Korean cosmetics and she sells them at reasonable prices. Haven of Korean cosmetics, I tell you. Plus, Ms. Charmaine is really friendly. I ask her so many questions, but she never fails to answer. =)

Anyway, I found this Tony Moly Party Lover Gel Eyeliner in Pearl Navy on her site, and it was on sale! So, I immediately sent her message to see if it was still available.






It has about 7 colors I think. At least those I that I saw, but I got this one because I wasn't sure if the rest were still available and if they were also on sale. Anyway, navy blue is a good color. I'm not sure how much product there is but I got this for 195 bucks (no shipping fee because Ms. Charmaine was thoughtful enough to squeeze me in on her trip to Trinoma for a meet-up)

Tony Moly Regular Price:348 bucks (Update: actually it 448 Php, so sorry)




Sorry, I kinda tried it out before I had the chance to take pictures


Pros:
1. Glides on smoothly and easily
2. Very, very, very pigmented
3. Great staying power
4. No smudging witnessed
5. As tested, water proof
6. I also like that it has a bit of sparkle so it's not a flat navy blue color

Cons:
None really. But was wearing this one time when I accidentally did a walking marathon under the heat of the sun. I was totally sweating like crazy and went I got home, I noticed that a very, very little eyeliner was transferred to my crease. But since I don't think I would do that walking thing again with eyeliner anyway so, still no peeves here.

BEAUTY TRICK: I learned this from one of my favorite Korean beauty/fashion shows Style Show Fiㄹ (I don't know if it's still airing though and I can't remember if it's Son Dae Shik or Park Tae Yoon who taught it) but one of these make up artists said that to use a gel eyeliner, it helps to put some on your brush for one eye, turn the container upside down, put on the liner, and repeat. Gel eyeliners dry out so easily but it's so taxing to keep screwing on the cap just to keep it from drying out, so just turn it upside down whenever your using it. Same principle, minus the extra work.

I really really like this gel eyeliner. Though it's the first gel one I've tried, I'm absolutely loving it, especially because it stays on all day.

Anyway, keep safe and dry guys. Cheerio!

2 comments:

  1. I went at SM yesterday and I was planning to buy this Tony Moly Gel eyeliner but I have't seen and read any reviews about it. So i'm so glad I found this post of yours :) I was undecided yesterday kasi. Thank you so much for this great review! :)

    Btw, i'm a new follower! :) Looking forward for your new posts and hoping you'll check and follow my blog too :) If you are looking for a cheaper cosmetic organizer, read my new post :) It might help you :) Their 3 layer acrylic drawer (like the drawers on Muji stores) will be available this month. :)

    Have a nice day! :)
    -Jan

    http://thepiinkrouge.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I could help! You're so sweet. =) I'll make sure to check out your blog. =)

      Delete