Sunday, August 12, 2012

Certified Movie Buff: A Thousand Words

Hi guys. Sunny sunny day huh? It's kinda nice to feel a little heat and all after all that raining. Anyway, after much battling with myself, I finally decided to inject my other loves into this blog, one of which are movies.

But, I don't want these movie entries to seem like too much like critical bloody reviews. Mostly because I'm not equipped with the ability to properly judge movies. Maybe more like a quick look-see of the movies, and what I think about them. Lemme know how I do, aight?

Anyway, my sister bought a copy of A Thousand Words a few months back. We're very big fans of Eddie Murphy, and the movie seemed promising.

TAKEN FROM IMDB

In the movie, Eddie Murphy plays a literary agent. He literally talks his way into and out of things. He seals book deals the same way. A twist of fate and an important book deal sends him face to face with a certain magical tree that was seemingly entwined with his life. Further in the movie, he realizes that he had about 1000 words left to say (and then he'll die), just as the tree had about 1000 leaves. One word=one falling leaf. The tree dies=he dies. Let's just say the whole thing complicated his life with his family and job. Being so talkative to the point of being senseless, he was in for a big challenge that could actually change his life.

I actually liked this movie. First because I've never seen Eddie Murphy play such a vulnerable role. I've watched a handful of his movies. He was always the funny funny guy and it's kinda good to see him shedding quite a few tears and being all emotional. I wish the movie had more "pow" around the end though, but it was good all the same.

I don't know if this was shown here, like in the cinemas, but I can't be sure. If you want to check this out, I saw copies from local rental stores like Video City.

How'd I do with my first movie entry? Lemme know. Cheerio!

No comments:

Post a Comment