Monday, August 13, 2012

The Saem Ally's Ajell Girls Mousse BB in #1 (Pink Mousse)

Hi guys. So before Helen, the legit typhoon, messes with the Internet connection, I'll be posting this long overdue BB mousse review.

I bought this from Ms. Charmaine of Kkochipida. It was my very first online purchase so I was a bit hesitant. Besides, my sister had a few encounters with unfriendly online sellers, so forgive me for being so afraid. I found out about her Korean online cosmetics shop from Ms. Marge's posts on kikaytrekkie. After a few days, I gave in and texted Ms. Charmaine. We only talked through text messages but I could already tell that she's approachable. Since it was my first time, I had too many questions. And let's just say it's like she talked me through the whole thing.


Anyhoo, this was actually a difficult review because I had no idea whatsoever about the brand the Saem except for it has been endorsed by the Korean girl group After School and now the cutie songstress IU. And sorry I was too happy that I even included the bubble wrap and the package plastic in the picture



Nothing in English here, except from the "Made in Korea" =)
100 ml
I bought this on sale at 245 Php plus 50 pesos shipping fee =)
It was super encased in bubble wrap (as all of Kkochipida's shipped products are)





Pros:
1. It feels very light but it has coverage. The coverage is actually more than my Lovely Me:ex BB Cream, which has a very sheer finish and very light coverage.
2. Easy to blend. I struggled a bit when I used it with my Marionnaud Blush Brush though. But with a flat top brush or a sponge, blending was a breeze
3. Matte finish
4. Oil control is long enough. About 4 hours without setting it with powder. Longer when set with powder, about 6 hours
5. Attractive container and hygienic too, which was what drew me to buy this in the first place

Cons:
1. It has a pink undertone? Maybe that's why it's pink mousse. I have yellowish skin so I have to put on a powder that has yellow tones to kind of cancel out the pink color. No worries about that. 
2. The fact that it has no SPF is the biggest con for me
3. It was pretty hard to control the amount that comes out of the pump at first, but a few tries have made me an expert on how much I need. =)
4. Not easily available and from what I know, limited shades. This has a  #2 but I don't know what shade that is. Sorry 

Can't say I love this but I like it. If it had SPF and yellowish tone, I would love it. =) The Saem actually has more products I would love to try, but since they're not easily available, I would have to narrow down my picks. 

Cheerio!




6 comments:

  1. never actually tried any liquid foundation or bb cream on my face, but I think this is a good find for those with fair skin and loving the benefits of a blemish balm :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should try drugstore brands like Maybelline. I've heard they have good liquid foundations. =)I agree. Unfortunately, wala siyang SPF. =)

      Delete
  2. Wonderful blog! I love the Marcelle BB cream, I think it is the best one out there:)
    http://www.opinionatedaboutopi.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! =) Glad you like it. I haven't heard of Marcelle, though. I don't think we have it here. =|

      Delete
  3. Hi, sorry for interfering. Thank you for the review a lot, I googled about this bb and found your post.
    By the way, there are 2 tones of this BB: pink and yellow. You just need the yellow one :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Yulia! I'm glad you liked it. Oh, I didn't know the other shade was a yellow one. I probably should've bought that one then. Thanks for letting me know! =)))

      Delete