Sunday, August 5, 2012

Nyx Lip Smacking Fun Colors in Pumpkin Pie

Hi. The rain just won't stop. It's kinda depressing actually. I feel like I need just a wee bit of sunshine.


Anyways, I've been meaning to have a proper nude-ish lipstick. My search has led to me to buy colors that are, well, not nude enough for me. Then, I came across this Nyx Round Lipstick in Pumpkin Pie when I dropped by Trinoma. The shop's name was Pretty Goddess. They were on the second floor near Starbucks and they were selling a bunch of Nyx products. I bought this because I immediately fell in love with its coral peachy shade.




Price: 150 Php






Pros:
1. Creamy so it glides on smoothly
2. Although I think most of their round lipsticks have some shimmer in them, this has almost none visible
3. Great nude color =) at least for me. It looks very natural
4. Pigmented


Cons:
1. Sheer finish. I would have wanted if it had a stronger color payoff
2. Without lip scrubbing prior to application, it "magnifies" the flakes on my lips
3. Not long lasting
4. I've been checking it since I bought it (and that was around last week) and I feel like it's melting. At least from what I've seen in the container


Despite my stated dislikes, this has been my go-to lipstick for the past week. I just like the peachy shade it has. But, I'm drawn to the color of Narcissus, so I think I'll be trying that next.


Any Nyx lippies favorites? Lemme know. Cheerio!

4 comments:

  1. I feel the same way because of the weather. I never liked rainy days even as a kid. Haha. :P NYX round lipsticks do easily melt so be careful. I love the shade you got by the way, it's so pretty and natural. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It just feels kinda sad waiting for the rain to stop. Haha. =) So my lipstick really is melting.

      Thanks Helen! I just wish the color wasn't so sheer.

      Delete
  2. Hi Charlie! I tagged you in my latest post.. :) http://axonsanddendrites.blogspot.com/2012/08/random-i-got-bitten-by-blog-bug.html hope that you drop by my blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much for the tag/award! I promise to get on to it as soon as I can. =) Thanks Nicole!

      Delete