Sunday, April 21, 2013

Food Talk: Tous Les Jours' Strawberry Inspiration Cake

Hi guys! Just a couple of quick food posts from here on out. We had a pre-celebration of my mom's birthday, so... I just wanted to share with you the things that we tried. It was also our first time to try these things, and I wanted to tell you what we thought about 'em. ^^

So, first up is one of the inspiration cakes of Tous Les Jours. After going through all the designs of these strawberry cakes, my mom finally decided on the, well, strawberry designed one. There's one in the shape of a heart, an apple, a rose, and this.






The Verdict:

All I can say is that this cake is aweeesommeee! Although I like really sweet cakes, I find this great as well. It's made of yogurt and fresh strawberries on strawberry cake. It's very refreshing and has a good blend of sweet and sour flavor. The yogurt gave the cake its much needed tangy taste. It's also dusted with strawberry powder. But be wary of the green tea powder. Tasted on its own, it's very bitter, but tastes fine with the cake itself. Btw, the Tous Les Jours ribbon and sign are edible coz they're made of chocolate.

Compared to local premium round cakes, this cake is quite pricey at 598 pesos, given its size. But because of its fresh and natural strawberry flavor, it's definitely worth it.

When you decide to buy this though, make sure to refrigerate it within 2 hours because the yogurt can melt easily. "Life span" of the cake is 7 days. ^^ 

*Photos by my sister. ^^

Have you tried this cake? Lemme know. Cheerio!

2 comments:

  1. This one is soooooooo good!!! :D I've tried the rose one but it tastes the same. I miss this. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is good! The rose is a tad small for all of us, so we opted for the strawberry. ^^

      Delete