Saturday, April 6, 2013

Food Talk: Manang's Chicken

Hi. Sorry for being missing the past couple of days. My eyes decided to take a few days off staring at the computer. ^^ 

A few days ago, my mom, my sister, and I decided to head to the mall just to cool down. Manila heat has been crazy lately that I don't think our fans are doing much work.

After a few meters of walking, and because I just got off from work then, we decided to dine out too because I was sooo hungry. Then I remembered Ms. Martha of The Beauty Junkee's entry on Manang's Chicken. Since I wanted to try something new, we opted to check it out.



My mom ordered the 4-piece chicken wings meal (mild). This cost 143 plus a drink.


My sister ordered the chicken cuts or just cut. The meal is 99 bucks, also with a drink.


And I ordered the Garlic pork (99 bucks too)


And their famous Velvet Sundae (49.00)

The Verdict:
First of, service was awesome. Waiting time was around 5-8 minutes. The crew was friendly, even asked me if I wanted them to serve the sundae after the meal so it wouldn't melt.

Their chicken is so good. Tasted like sweet soy sauce with sesame seeds. And you'd get to taste the sauce on the chicken meat too. Not just the skin. Be careful though. They have three "sauces": Original, Mild and the spicier one. My mom ordered the Mild and she started going red by her 2nd wing. It was that spicy. Heaven knows how spicy the other one is. But it was still good. She let me have a taste. 

The Garlic Pork was awesome too. The sauce is vinegar and soy sauce I guess but I feel that the garlic lacked flavor even though it had so much garlic. It was not garlic-ky enough. ^^

Serving size is for the hungry. It was so big I was afraid I wasn't gonna finish my meal. But they have a warning though. Since they upsized their rice by 50%, you may request to have them put lesser rice on your meal if you feel that you wouldn't finish the big serving, to avoid wastage.

The Velvet Sundae is worth trying. Moist cake under vanilla ice cream with choco syrup and morsels. Not too sweet, making it a lot more awesome.

If you're ever around SM North Edsa, check them out at the G/F of SM Annex, right across Adobo Connection. 

Cheerio!

No comments:

Post a Comment