Thursday, April 18, 2013

Certified Movie Buff: National Treasure

Hey guys! I got one, well two, of my favorites here in "Movie Buff." They're no longer new films but every time I watch them, they're still as awesome.

I'm a sucker for action-adventure-thriller-suspense films, and the two National Treasure films fall into one or two of these categories. So, National Treasure was an instant favorite. Plus, both films were under Disney and Jerry  Bruckheimer. The first film came out in 2004, and the second in 2007.
en.wikipedia.org

www.filmlinks4u.net

I'm no movie expert, given that I would probably rate the cheesiest movie of all time as something that is "brilliantly written." *haha* I just love films and rate them according to my liking and how well I understood the concept of the films. 

I love the National Treasure films because I think they were well-written. I liked how the second film transcended the first one in terms of the setting and the story. I usually believe that "sequels tend to suck" but in this case, I think the second was just as great as the first. 

The first National Treasure film was mainly about Ben Gates' (Nicholas Cage) journey in pursuing a treasure hunt that has been unsuccessful for years. It was his way of introducing his family, including his ancestors, as real treasure hunters and not merely thieves. Ben is smart in all aspects, and his team with Riley, and Abigail, and his dad makes the entire film just more brilliant.

The second film was more of a personal hunt for the Gate's family since it was about Ben's great-great grandfather being accused of one of the people who planned the assassination of former American president Abraham Lincoln, but of course, there's still a treasure at stake. 

I made an entry about this cool franchise because there are rumors about a third film (Yey!!!). I sure hope that it would still be as great as the first two, and I hope it gets shown soon.

Cheerio!

No comments:

Post a Comment