Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Food Talk: Mochi Creme

Hello guys! Last night, my sister was browsing through her phone's picture gallery, and she asked me if there were pictures that I wanted to use. Whenever we eat out, whether it's a snack or a full meal, my sister takes pictures. Some she uses in her blog and others, I borrow. ^^ So when it comes to Food Talk, the pictures would probably be 98% her shots. I can manage the mug shots of my makeup, but when it comes to food, I just...suck. *haha*

Anyway, late last year, we jumped to the bandwagon of "mochi ice cream." I guess rice flour has started to get the fame it deserves with this tasty treat. My mango mochi ice cream from Mochi Creme was my first, then I started trying ones from others too.



The Verdict:

Mochi ice cream is fairly small, I mean in general. This one from Mochi Creme is the size of your regular puto or rice cake. But I've seen others that are waayy smaller. The regular flavored ones cost 60 each, like the mango and chocolate ones, and the others like green tea are priced at 65 each. 

It is pricey for such a small treat, but I think it's safe to say that it's worth it. I love the ones from Mochi Creme because the thickness of the mochi covering is just right and so is the amount of ice cream inside. 

The lady selling these told us to wait for the mochi to melt just a little because it is frozen , like you-can't-bite-through-it-if-you-won't-wait frozen. So, about a minute or two would do the trick.

The Mochi Creme I visited is at the 3rd floor (used to be 2nd flr I think) of SM North Edsa The Block but my sister's been to the one on the ground floor of SM San Lazaro.

Have you tried a mochi ice cream? Lemme know. Cheerio! 

No comments:

Post a Comment