Friday, March 1, 2013

The Body Shop Lily Cole Lip and Cheek Dome in Crazy for Coral

Hi! Can't believe its March already. Having graduated only last year, it seems like that time    flies just a little too fast. Later this month, it'll officially be a year since I've lost the "student" title. =)

Anyhoo, back to the review. I grabbed this during one of SM North's monthly sales. I think it was last month. This limited edition Lily Cole Lip and Cheek Dome from the Body Shop was already on sale earlier this year (I found out from Helen of Lucky Citrine), it was like on 70% off, but it was for a limited time only. And..by the time I had the time to drop by the mall, bye-bye cute blush on. So, imagine how happy I was to see that another branch of The Body Shop in SM still had stocks during the recent sale.






This one is about 4 swipes. It's a real challenge to get the color to show off. The original price is 895. Marked down to 268.


With a little blending. Cream blush but with a powder finish

This is actually my first The Body Shop item ever. I mean, I tried once to buy their lip balm, you know the one in pots, but argued against the idea. Then I fell in love with their uber-soft brushes I got to use during a school prod, but I never did get the chance to really buy anything from the shop.

The Verdict:

To be honest, price-wise and if it wasn't on sale, I wouldn't be caught red-handed buying this blush because of the hefty price tag. It's quite expensive for a blush on. Thank heavens for big price slashes. The good things about this blush are it glides on smoothly, great powder finish, cute packaging, and small enough to lug around. However, the color is quite sheer. The color you can barely see above is already more than 3 swipes of the product, hardly blended. To achieve the natural glow, I'd bet around 5 swipes will do. When used on the lips, I personally looked a little washed out. It was more like I put on concealer on my lips with a bit of peachy matte sheen. But above a pink lip tint, coral beauty. =)
It doesn't last that long. On my oily combination skin, 3 hours tops. But with a good dusting of powder blush before it completely dries up, a good 5 hours I think.

The other shade of this is a pink one which I didn't see, but I'm more inclined to peach/orange shades so this one's an easy pick. Not completely disappointed with the purchase because I can actually put it to good use. Plus, it's animal-friendly. Cruelty-free. =)

Have you tried this blusher? Lemme know. Cheerio!

4 comments:

  1. This one's so sheer, but the packaging is really cute. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, a little too sheer. I think the packaging made up from the lack of product's color pay off. =)

      Delete
  2. i also have this product, and it was quite disappointing.
    http://beautybloggr.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just wish that it had a stronger color so it would be nicer to use. =))

      Delete