Friday, February 22, 2013

Food Talk: Dimsum Break

Hi guys! As I'm planning to sort out which beauty items to review next, I'd like to share with you this new dimsum stop that me and my family really enjoy.

Off all the cuisines that we've tried, we all get along with almost just one kind-Chinese. Although we love trying food of all sorts, we don't always agree on every food stop. Say, my mom and I dig Mexican, but my sis is not much of a fan. My dad isn't much of an Italian foodie, while the rest of us are. You get the pic.

Our favorite would always be Le Ching, but it can be a little taxing to go all the way to Greenhills, so I just had to find, well, a nearer alternative. And I think I have found "the one" *haha* We actually had to come back immediately after our first time because my sis wasn't able to take pictures.

Let me try to take you through Dimsum Break (located at SM North Edsa, Annex 2nd flr.)
All pictures were taken by my sister. She has a better knack in taking photos.

So, as you enter Dimsum Break, this would be your first stop. The steamed, well, dimsum. There's siopao, all sorts of siomai/shaomai, veggie wraps and stuff. The big siopai cost less than 40 bucks and it was so big, and according to my mom, AWESOME. =)

The second station is the fried dimsum. Your choice of crab pinchers, fried wanton, shrimp balls etc. Steamed and fried dimsum cost 68 per order. BTW, when you order just grab a tray, tell the servers want you want and they'll put your orders on your tray. No need to personally grab the steamers like I did. =)

 This would be your third stop. You can order their famous steamed rice with pork (delicious), yang chow fried rice, or you can have noodles, like the totally tasty sate noodles. The rice (yang chow and steamed pork rice) costs 65 per bowl. The sate noodles is 80 bucks. But you could go for plain rice, like my sis and I did to fully appreciate the taste of the dimsum.

Their awesome lanterns

This is some of what we ordered on our second time back. This is their quail egg siomai. My fave. =) Meaty, tasty, and the quail egg is a good touch.
Fried shrimp balls, and on the background, the wanton dimsum. Both with sweet and sour sauce. Tasty and meaty, but I found the sauce a little to overpowering, and the wanton had a little too much wrapper. Nonetheless, delicious.

 DESSERT! Desserts would actually be your last stop (well before drinks and payment). The desserts (and/or side dishes like a shoo-in for atchara) cost 55 each. The halo-halo though is 60 pesos. Haven't tried that one though. Anyway, what you can see above is our favorite dessert from Dimsum Break. This is called coconut cream. Texture is like that of maja blanca but this one's more refreshing.

And,my sister's fave-bacon siomai. Come on--it's siomai wrapped in bacon. =)

Dimsum Break would definitely be one of my top food stops to date. The food is awesome, service is good (except that time when we waited about 20 minutes for the noodles), and ambiance is good. And though they have condiments made available, might I suggest that you try their stuff as they are? The food is that tasty that you really don't have much need for soy sauce and all.

Cheerio!

2 comments:

  1. That Bacon Siomai made me hungry.. -__-
    Have a great day!! :)
    xxKrisella

    http://lippiemonster.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really good. =) Have a great day too! =)

      Delete