Sunday, February 17, 2013

Food Talk: Chewy Junior

Hi. Again. =) This is just going to be a quick one. I'd just like to share another food entry with you. 

Before Beard Papa and Chewy Junior, my definition of a cream puff is well, some sort of puff pastry with sweet custard filling, topped with hard caramel. But now that I've tasted Chewy Junior, I don't think I'll be going conventional with cream puff, at least at the moment.


 They actually have a lot of flavors. All of these are they regular ones (45/each, 119 for a box of 3, 239 for a box of 6 and 429 for a box of 12, if my memory serves me right.) They also have premium ones, which I think is 55 per piece.

The Verdict:
It's quite different from the other cream puffs I've tried. First of course is their flavors. I don't know the exact names but the one the white one is actually coffee, the one with choco dusts is their cookies one, then there's the choco almond, choco crunch, and their regular choco flavor.

What I love about these puffs is that the fillings are all different. The other flavors I tried had sweet custard, these chocolate ones have choco custard and the coffee had coffee custard. The puff itself strings back when you bite it because it's so chewy. It could be a little bit too chewy for some, but for me, it's okay.

Chewy Junior is on the 2nd floor of Trinoma (beside White Hat. Just get on the escalator near Mcdonalds, and you'll easily find it.) They also have mini puffs which I have yet to try.

Any cream puff stores I should know about? Lemme know. Cheerio! BTW, you might want to try these puffs with this Korean cider drinks. =) You can easily find these in groceries. 24.75 a can. They just taste like your ordinary soda like 7up or Sprite. 

DAEBAK!

No comments:

Post a Comment