Tuesday, March 26, 2013

I Nailed It #6: Bobbie Cocktail Hour Gradation Nail Polish in Cool Blue Martini

Hi. Just a quick post here on what I wore on my nails last week. ^^

Since I learned how to maximize the use of cosmetic sponges by doing nail art, I've been doing gradated nails twice a week. I constantly swap colors because my polish easily chips. And although I enjoy doing my own combinations, I was hoping to own a gradation set that's foolproof.

Etude House was the first one I saw that released a nail gradation set which retailed for around 300 bucks. Since I wasn't ready to cough up that much cash on nail polishes, I was always on the search for a good yet affordable set. That's when I saw Bobbie's Cocktail Hour Gradation Nail Polish. When I saw this in Trinoma, there were only two colors left, this Blue Martini one and a pink one. Apparently, there was also a green one. This is a limited edition set, by the way.



Each box has three 4 ml bottles, which are pretty small and reminiscent of the Mwah polishes I used to own. Each box costs 79.00


The bottles are numbered and labeled as Shaker 1, Twist 2, and Garnish 3. Let me tell you though that I found the directions at the back a little off so this is my own way of doing the gradated nails.


So, first off, apply the Twist 1 all over your nails. Twist 1 is a frosted light blue polish.


After the first layer dries up, coat the top half of your nails with Shaker 2, which is a frosted sky blue color with glitter chunks.


 Finally, apply Garnish 3 (a clear polish with chunky royal blue glitters) on the tip, kinda like doing some sort of a rustic french tip. ^^ 


 After all the layers dry up, put on some of your favorite top coat.

Well, what can I say? This is a life-saver for nail art addicts like me. It's actually great that a local brand like Bobbie is coming up with awesome sets like this. I think they also have the magnetic polish set which I've yet to try. But, just like any other glitter polishes, removing this is painful. ^^ I read somewhere though that you can soak your nails in some nail polish remover but that would mean emptying out a bottle of nail polish remover, which is not allowed here at home. *haha*

Anyway, if you want to wear some party bling on your nails, grab a box of this Bobbie Gradation Nail set while you can!

Cheerio!

2 comments:

  1. Wow it's so cute!!! :D Parang EH lang but way more affordable. Nice find, Charlie! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is cute. I was hoping to get all three colors but I don‘t know if I can still find the green one. It is priced more reasonably. Thanks Helen. ^^

      Delete