Thursday, March 14, 2013

BYS Lipstick in Everything's Peachy

Hi. Today I'll be doing a review on BYS's Lipstick in Everything's Peachy. My sister gave me this last month during one of SM's Payday Sale. She knows I'm into peachy-orange lippies nowadays.

I've seen BYS (stands for Be Yourself and is an Australian brand) around SM North for quite sometime. Their products are actually really attractive and colorful. They also have all these polishes, like really awesome neon ones. And the accessories which they give away when you purchase a certain amount of products.






Price-wise, I can probably say the brand is about at the price range of Maybelline. Almost all their products are cased in black so they look sleek. Anyway, on with the review. This one was at 20% off. My sister got it for about 180+. 




The Verdict:
When I saw the shade color, I thought it would lean into more of a pinkish-orange shade, but it's actually orange. Like orange juice orange. I actually like it for that because I've been looking for a really orange lippie, like the one from Etude House's Miss Tangerine Line, which I never got to buy.

The packaging, although sleek-looking, feels a little flimsy. It's the type that you wouldn't want getting into the bottom of your bag, and then you drop your bag, because it's the type to break easily.

It's not very pigmented when put on the lips. On my hand, yes it looks orange but when I put it on, it's actually a little, how'd you say opaque? You could still see my natural lip color through. Unfortunately, it also sits on the lines on my lips and makes the dry lip parts very visible. It's also a bit hard to build the color. The scent is of an orange. I like it but it can be a little too strong for some. The lasting power is about 3 hours without drinking and eating, so no, it won't make it through a meal.

But, I'm actually liking it as a blusher. It gives a semi-dewy finish and a natural glow in my cheeks. It actually lasts for about 4-5 hours on my cheeks. So, no harm done.

BYS still has a wide range of lippies that I'm willing to try. Maybe their other lipsticks have a better formulation.

Have you tried anything from BYS? Lemme know. Cheerio!

2 comments:

  1. I haven't tried anything from BYS but I've been seeing a lot of it in malls lately. I heard their eyeliner is good though. Will definitely check it out soon! xx

    somegirlnamedjem.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BYS seems like a pretty good brand. I'm actually planning to buy one of their neon eyeliners. They look extremely cool. =)

      Delete