Sunday, March 3, 2013

February 2013 Hit Listers

Hi. Another weekend coming to an end. =( I might just be suffering from Monday sickness. Anyway, before I completely forget, again, to do a round-up of my fave things this February, I might as well try to do it now.

February was different for me, probably mainly because of my new job, which tweaked everything in my schedule and all. But I had all these things that kept me happy.



 1. Nature Republic Aloe Vera Soothing Gel
- I'm now on my third tub of this awesome multipurpose aloe gel. I mainly use this for my face before I put on make-up and at night, before I sleep. Read my review here.



 2. The Body Shop Lily Cole Lip and Cheek Dome in Crazy for Coral
- It might not be a completely great product because it's a little to sheer, but I have found myself constantly reaching for it to give my cheeks a subtle peach-y glow. Read my review here.

3. Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF 50+
- This is actually my mom's. But when I ran out of my Snoe sun cream, I decided to give this a whirl. I like this because it's a bit more water-y than most sunblocks so blending it is a breeze. Plus, it has a high SPF.



4. Kicks Rubber Shoes/Wedges/Booties
-Sorry I have no idea what to call this pair. Although I fall over every time I wear heels, I made an exception with this one. It's chic, it's cute and pretty much easy to pair up with the stuff I have in the closet. I bought it on sale for about 1000 bucks. A lot more than what I usually spend for shoes but I think it was worth it.



5. Oversized Ribbons
-These were given to me by my sister. I have a couple more that didn't make it to the shot. I love ribbons like these because they give that extra "oomph" to an outfit.



6. BYS Lipstick in Everything's Peachy
-This was given to me by my sister because she knows how I love everything orange in lippies. This color's a little hard to pull off on its own, but with a little tint, it looks great.



7. Flower Boy Next Door
-Cute, witty, funny, and plain genius. Flower Boy Next Door tells the story of Go Dok Mi, played by He's Beautiful's Park Shin Hye, a shy editor who refuses the leave the four walls of her tiny apartment and spends time writing and peeking at her neighbors. Then she meets Enrique Geum, a video game genius from Spain who tries to get Dok Mi to explore the world outside her box. One of the best series with a flower boy or "pretty boy" concept, aside from Boys over Flowers, Shut Up Flower Boy Band, and Flower Boy Ramyun Shop. I wish local channels will take series like this one.




8. Queen Inhyun's Man
- This one I think will be shown in GMA 7 as Queen and I. This one reminds me of The Rooftop Prince, in terms of the time-traveling concept. But what actually got me to like this series is that the play of things was quite different. Maybe because I think the characters in the story played along the time-traveling thing in a less shell-shocked manner. And it was quite nice to see Secret Garden's Yoo In-na get the spotlight as the lead.



 9. The Closer
-If you're into police procedurals that are funny and just jaw-dropping, I suggest you give The Closer a try. I've been watching this for years and have recently watched the seven seasons again. This series is about the cases of Brenda Leigh Johnson (played by Kyra Sedgwick), the LAPD's best case closer. How she gets suspects to confess to their crimes is just plain awesome. She just gets to you, too.

10. Refinery29.com
- From time to time, I check out new make-up concepts from fashion shows. That's how I came across Refinery 29 a few months ago. Refinery 29 also has fashion tips, beauty tips and news, and tutorials that are easy to follow. 

Hope you had a great weekend guys! Cheerio!






No comments:

Post a Comment