Thursday, July 12, 2012

Ever Bilena Matte Lipstick in Mauvey

Hi guys! It's Friday again tomorrow! And there are so many sales going on this weekend. There's one in SM North Edsa, Trinoma, and I think there's one in Megamall too. Time to do some hauling, if the wallet is capable. =) Unfortunately, mine is no longer capable. Haha.


Anyway, you know those products that you would just love to hate but you can't? Here's one of mine. The Ever Bilena Matte Lipstick in Mauvey.


I bought this when I had the smokey-eyes episodes, and was in need of a nude-ish lipstick. I bought this for 99 bucks but I think it's priced at 145 (I'm not 100 percent sure though)









Pros:
1. It's really matte and it has a nice nude pink color
2. Affordable
3. Has a color indicator (no, unfortunately, it's not a lip gloss)
4. I actually like the container. Feels kinda sturdy


Cons:
1. You need to two at least two layers of swiping to get that color above. The product doesn't transfer very easily to the lips
2. Drying. So I use a lip balm always before putting it on. But no lip balm on the photo above
3. The color indicator (at least the one on mine) keeps coming off that I had to super glue it on


Like I said, love to hate. Love it's matte finish. Hate that it's so lip-drying and a bit of a struggle to put on. But I guess you can say that I'm a bit unfazed by my dislikes because I'm actually planning on grabbing a couple more of these babies.


Anyway, any of you guys braving the mall sales? Lemme know. Maybe we'll see each other! Cheerio!

4 comments:

  1. I've been meaning to get one of these in off beat pink, but when I tested it it flaked up my lips more so I didn't go on with the purchase... :) If you want a cheap non drying matte lipstick, you micht want to try aido, it's found in Fashion21 stalls, they have a wide array of lipsticks from A-Z since they're named alphabet names. :)

    nicole
    http://axonsanddendrites.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nicole! I think it helps that I use some lip balm. =) Cancels out the whole too-drying factor. I do have an Aido lipstick in H! I agree, they're kinda creamy. Thanks for the recommendation! =)

      Delete
  2. Mauvey looks pretty! I thought it would be more plummy or purple-tinged because of it's name. My other blogger friends find it drying too but for me it's okay. I love Scarlet and Love That Red the most from EB's line of matte lipsticks. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With a little lip balm, it's okay for me too. So, I still use it. =) I'll check those colors out, Helen. =)Maybe I'll fall in love with 'em too. =)Thanks.

      Delete