Monday, July 2, 2012

Ellana Mineral Powder Blush in Tryst

Hi guys. As promised, and because I totally forgot to put up an entry yesterday, here's my take on the Ellana Mineral Powder Blush in Tryst.


This is actually my first purchase from Ellana, and after using this blush, definitely not my last. When I bought this, all they had displayed was the regular sized ones (I think they were 4g or was it 2.5g? Sorry I can't remember but they are 180 bucks each) but because of Ms. Marge's entry, I figured I should ask for the trial size instead, just in case we don't get along. =)


I spent a few minutes trying to figure out which color to buy, too long maybe because the SA already sorted the blushes out for me (maybe I was taking too long). When she mentioned that Tryst has a matte finish, I was sold. I'm not actually a big fan of shimmery blushes.







Pros:
1. Affordable. You can choose to buy a trial size or a regular size. Btw, this trial size one is 100 bucks for 1g
2. Very pigmented, so a little goes a long way
3. Staying power is also good. When used alone, it lasts for about four hours (the color fades, but the glow-finish stays on), but when I top it over my Etude House Cream Choux Blusher in Peach, it stays on the whole day
4. Although it looks shimmery at first, it does have a matte-ish finish and it gives your skin a natural -looking glow


Cons:
1. My heart kinda sank when I opened the paper bag because mine had scratches all over the lid, and since it's silver around the edges, the scratches were very visible.
2. As all mineral products I've encountered (had the same problem with my Maybelline mineral foundation) it was kinda messy


Nonetheless, I can say, with all honesty, that I love this blush. I'm looking forward to buying and testing out the other colors. You should try Ellana's products too, and see how they work for you. Cheerio!

No comments:

Post a Comment