Wednesday, July 18, 2012

E.L.F. Studio Lip Stain in Red Carpet

Hi guys! Just a quick review here on one of my many E.L.F. products. Again. My sister gave me this. I can't remember though if it was for Christmas or my birthday. Anyway, here's the E.L.F. Studio Lip Stain in Red Carpet


When I asked my sister for this, they only had two colors, the other one was a bit of a pale pink (can't remember the name), so I went for this red one.



As most of E.L.F.'s Studio line products are, this is 249.75
(This comes in a box, which I now cannot find)











Pros:
1. Creamy and pigmented. 
2. Buildable? color. You can go for a soft-is red color with one swipe (like the pic above) or you could go "red carpet" red with 2-3 swipes
3. Stays on long enough, like a stain (but without eating and drinking)
4. Workable clear gloss is a plus
5. Matte finish and doesn't "magnify" lip lines


Cons:
1. To be honest, I don't know what's wrong with me but I almost always end up with a defective product. This one's gloss section cannot be closed well, so I always, always must remember to put it stain side-up, which I always forget.
2. Flimsy container. Although this one is from the Studio line, the container feels like it's going to break easily. 
3. I know I said it stays long enough, like an ordinary lip stain, but it can't survive a complete meal. When I used this, right after dinner, zilch. Other lip stains have much longer staying power even after meals.


This actually reminds me of Nyx's Matte Lip Creams, which I have yet to try. I want this in other colors, but I'm still contemplating on it. I can "smell" the weekend coming near..haha. =) Cheerio!

2 comments:

  1. Great review! I think I should try this one out for myself, love the color stain it did on your lips!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mar! Thanks for reading it. =) Try it and hope you like it too! =)

      Delete