Saturday, July 14, 2012

E.L.F. Clarifying Pressed Powder in Apricot Beige

Hi guys. It's a very rainy Saturday, at least around our place. This post is long overdue. I just kept on forgetting to take the pictures, and I've been trying to catch the reruns of Monk's last season, which I absolutely love. Well, everyone in my family does even my dad...and my mom. Anyway, I got this, around last month I think, after I emptied out my Avon pressed powder.


So here's a review on E.L.F.'s Clarifying Pressed Powder in Apricot Beige.
Here's a description of the powder according to www.eyeslipsface.com


"Create a flawless finish with our silky Clarifying Press Powder that blends evenly into skin. Treat and prevent skin imperfections with key active ingredients formulated for problematic skin. Proven skin clarifiers absorb oil on contact to create a beautiful matte finish. Wear alone or with your other favorite e.l.f. face products for naturally smooth and flawless looking skin."



Price: 129.75
Unfortunately, the name has already disappeared
*The only thing you would see underneath is the name of the shade






Sorry, it's still dirty. I did try to wash it. This was it



Pros:
1. Lightweight, so it's easy to just slip it in your pocket and doesn't take too much space in your kit either.
2. Easy to work with either with a sponge or a fluffy brush and it blends to the skin well too
3. Sponge is workable and doesn't fall apart even after washing

Cons:
1. Doesn't come with a mirror and packaging kinda feels flimsy
2. I feel like the packaging itself is not really made to have a sponge put inside it. (see pic above). It kinda feels forced putting the sponge in, that sometimes, it wouldn't stay shut because the sponge is sticking out
3. Sheer finish. I was kinda hoping that it would give some coverage, but it didn't on me.
4. No oil control witnessed here. =)

To be honest, I stopped using this powder because I got kinda disappointed. I was hoping for some oil control and coverage, and it gave me neither. Plus, the packaging and all was a bit of an issue for me. But, I'm still a fan of E.L.F. This is probably just one of those products.

Any suggestions for a better pressed powder? I'm using my mom's Loreal True Match Two-Way something...=) but I'm open for other powders. Haha. Have a great day! And bring an umbrella. Cheerio!

No comments:

Post a Comment