Sunday, July 8, 2012

Ever Bilena Lip Colour Xtreme Shine in 708

Hi guys. I was actually planning to write this entry last night, but I didn't expect my aunt's party to last all night. So by the time I got home, hello bed! And, I think I'm coming down with something.


Anyway, I wore this Ever Bilena Lip Colour Xtreme Shine in 708 last night. I just bought it because I wanted to have a hot pink lippie. I'm more of a coral-peach-orange fan, so this baby is new in my collection. I was actually planning to buy the Cotton Candy one from Careline, but I figured I should grab this one first.


So, here's what I think about it










Pros:
1. Very creamy so it glides on smoothly
2. Very pigmented
3. Doesn't dry my lips
4. Affordable at 75 bucks. Although I think it was on sale but still
5. Doesn't "magnify" my lip lines

Cons:
1. As most lipsticks are, it doesn't stay long unless you take some extra steps. A little rub on your lips can remove the lipstick
2. It has a faint smell. Kinda perfume-y which may throw other people off

BEAUTY TRICK: As I've mentioned, I used this lipstick last night on my aunt's birthday party. It was in a hotel so the hot pink color wasn't much of an overkill. =) anyway. As I said, this is just one of your run-of-the-mill lipsticks, but what I did, and what I do, is I put on a lip tint first (I used Etude House's Fresh Cherry Tint in Peach), swiped this 708, then mixed some of the lip tint and this lipstick at the back of my hand and put it over. Then I dusted my lips with some loose powder. It did the trick of staying until dessert. Yes, it survived until the chocolate pudding. 

This thing I do when putting on lipstick, unfortunately for now, I have made only to work with dark colored lipstick or at least those darker than most lip tints are. Since you're going to mix them, and surely you don't want the color of your lipstick to change, it works, for now, only with reds, dark orange, or dark pink lipsticks like these. I have yet to discover how to make it work with pale or nude-ish ones.

Plus, it makes your lipstick kinda turn matte, so the risk of transferring your lipstick to the glass of wine or whatever is zilch. Anyway, I like this lipstick. it's blue undertone also helps because it kinda intensifies the color a bit. 

Ever tried any of the other colors from this line? Hope you guys had a nice weekend. Cheerio!

No comments:

Post a Comment