Monday, July 22, 2013

Food Talk: Sariwon Korean Barbecue

Hello guys! I just suddenly felt the need to rifle through my sister's old photos. While she has developed a certain penchant for taking pictures way before, I didn't feel the need to "blog" about them, until now. ^^

We ate at Sariwon during my sister's birthday last year. Being Korean fanatics, and my sister being an even bigger Korean fan, eating something Korean was a default choice. My dad spoke highly of this Korean barbecue restaurant so we were excited to try it out. It was actually my first time to wait for about an hour before being given a table and order! When we were there, a lot of people were in line that I felt that we were actually lucky to just wait for an hour.

I apologize beforehand because I could no longer remember the prices of the following items that you are about to see. But if it helps, here's a copy of their menu, right off Munch Punch. Surprisingly, I do remember what the stuff we ordered looked like, I just can't put a name on everything. ^^




When you're seated at Sariwon, they will serve this compact towelettes, pour warm water on 'em. you can watch them "grow" and use them to wipe your hands, in case you'll be ordering some sort of samgyeopsal or those pork slices you'll be wrapping in greens or their galbi, which I think we had. ^^


One of the reasons why I absolutely love Korean barbecue eateries is that they don't skimp on their banchan or the side dishes. My favorites would be the mashed sweet potato, the baby potatoes, the anchovy side dish, and....KIMCHI!



I had to cover my face because I was too busy chewing when my dad took this picture. Can you see the Japchae? This glass noodles dish is a family favorite. Although Sariwon's serving was quite small, we still loved it.


Bulgogi! This stew was so filling.





Grilling Time! I think we had the regular Galbi. I remember the server from Sariwon cutting this marbl-y baby into pieces. Jjang!


My favorite part of the meal! I wouldn't really call it a dessert since it's a drink but this sikhye was pure awesome-ness. It's a sweet rice drink with nuts and fruits. There is also a canned version of this that you can buy at Tous Les Jours. My sister loves that but thinks that the one from Sariwon is better.

We also ordered haemul pajeon, which is like a pancake/omelette with green onions and squid and a whole other stuff. I wasn't a big fan of this dish but I see it a lot on K-dramas and find it cool-looking. ^^

Their dishes are priced quite steeply but I'd say that in terms of taste and service, Sariwon is a must-try Korean barbecue place. 

You can find Sariwon Korean Barbecue at Bonifacio High Street, Taguig. ^^

Cheerio!

No comments:

Post a Comment