Saturday, July 13, 2013

Food Talk: Moshi Koshi Noodle Boss

Hey guys! One of our favorite family midnight snacks is instant ramen. But, it is nice to, every once in a while, grab a bowl of ramen that's not straight from a packet. ^^ Earlier this month, we were able to try a few noodle dishes in Moshi Koshi Noodle Boss in SM North Edsa.


Moshi Koshi in North Edsa is pretty spacious. There are also tables outside so it could probably cater to 20-30 people. ^^ I think it's newly opened since they still have all those balloons.



Here's what you'll find written on your place mats: Time to eat the noodles- 5 mins. for soba, 7 for ramen, and 8 for udon. This is if you still want that bite in your noodles. But if you like 'em soggy like me, no need to follow the time given. ^^ There are also info about their side dishes and the soup bases. 

Gyoza- (85.00/4 pcs.)


Katsudon (180.00)


Niku Udon (170.00)


Niku Soba (170.00)


Shoyu Ramen (195.00)


Green Tea Ice Cream (65.00)


Here's their menu, right beside the counter. (Click to enlarge) You'll be ordering for your food from the counter and they'll serve it to your table. ^^

The Verdict: 

We wanted to try all the three noodles and see how they'd fair. The niku udon and niku soba (beef udon and beef soba) were both very tasty. My sister's shoyu ramen was very good too. The niku ones actually kind of reminded me of sukiyaki without the veggies. And I was so glad they didn't scrimp on the beef! There were a lot which actually made me and my mom very happy. The noodles were awesome because they were still koshi (al dente) ^^. But I personally like my soup based noodles to be a 'lil soggy so I went past my 8-minute eating time with the udon. The shoyu ramen had a piece of pork, a piece of nori, and a fish cake, that made the noodle dish not only so delicious but colorful as well.

The soup base of the niku noodles was a cross between sweet and salty. But, as I reached the almost-bottom of my bowl, I got a little overwhelmed with the salty taste of the soup. Nonetheless, nothing a good gulp of water can solve. My sister's shoyu base on the other hand was very refreshing in terms of taste. 

The katsudon that my dad ordered was good too. I thought the pork was going to be a little soggy because of the egg but it was actually still crispy. The serving was perfect too because I've been in Japanese food places that serve waaaay too much rice. I wish it had a little more flavor though.

Gyoza will always be my favorite side dish and the ones from Moshi Koshi did not disappoint. There was enough filling so I didn't feel like I was eating wrapper. ^^ I also loved their green tea ice cream. While milk and tea is a combination that my body just wouldn't accept (I love it but it makes me really dizzy), I still ordered their green tea ice cream. When the lady server gave me the cup, I actually thought they had more than one size and that I got the biggest one. But, it was actually the only size they have. The cup was big enough for two people! So I eventually had to share it because I couldn't finish it.

The food in Moshi Koshi were definitely superb and I would definitely come back to try out their other offerings ('coz they have Bento^^).

You can find them at the G/F of SM North Edsa, Annex, just beside Manang's Chicken. 

Enjoy your weekend! Cheerio!

No comments:

Post a Comment