Sunday, July 7, 2013

Food Talk: J Cuppacakes

Hi! It's been a while since I last posted something about cupcakes. No, I didn't stop eating them like every week (I exaggerate of course because that would be very bad *haha*). It's just that I haven't tried a new cupcake store until last week. ^^

My dad was picking up stuff at SM Megamall and I just remembered that there was a cupcake store there that I wanted to try. So after a few very long text messages to my dad, he went home with these cupcakes. My sister and I also had special instructions: Please take pictures of the cupcake place. *haha* Although, I think we should've told my dad to take a "few" pictures because he sent like more than 10 pictures to my email and I had to pick only a couple.



Their cupcakes' prices range from around 60.00-85.00 Php (based on the pictures my dad sent me) which is not so bad. I was actually quite impressed with their packaging because it's so dainty.

I don't really know the exact names of the cupcakes (my dad doesn't remember and there are no flavors indicated on the receipt) but on the first row are Mint Chocolate, S'mores, Salted Caramel; 2nd row: Carrot Cake, Chocolate, Mocha. 





Here are some pictures of their cupcakes from the store. When I saw the pictures, I was pretty sad I wasn't with my dad. *haha* I would've picked up more flavors. ^^







And here's their stall! Pretty neat actually. I really like their design and all the floral stuff going on.

Now back to the cupcakes.

The Verdict:
The cupcakes were all very distinct, more than just in terms of flavor. Some had very moist base cakes, like the S'mores, carrot, and the salted caramel one. Other's had a little dry base cakes, like the chocolate, mocha, and mint. There were also some with foam-y frosting and the others, quite good. I loved the S'mores and carrot one by the way. The chocolate was pretty nice too. I wish all the base cakes were moist but that's probably just due to baking time. 

Price-wise, the cupcakes are at the middle range. Their packaging? Awesome! ^^

I'd still love to try their other flavors become some really look very interesting. I just hope I could grab the ones with moist base cakes and a little less foam-y frosting. ^^

J Cuppacakes is located at the 2/F of SM Megamall, Mega B.

Cheerio!

No comments:

Post a Comment