Sunday, July 28, 2013

Certified Movie Buff: She's on Duty

Hi! As you might have already figured out, I'm a big Korean fan. I blog occasionally about the Korean series I watch but I don't really talk much about the Korean movies that I watch. Mainly because I'm a sucker for movies with happy endings. Life's already too depressing so I need my movie fixes to be a little less worse. ^^ But I still do watch a couple of  Korean films but don't end up writing about them because my heart usually get into tight knots when I try to. Not because they all ended sad or anything, it's just that I don't quite know what I feel about them. Most of them are so complicated. Anyway.

But this one's an exemption. I've watched this a couple of times already and I loved it because I like action films with people going undercover. ^^

en.wikipedia.org
This is a 2005 film starring Kim Sun-ah (My Name is Kim Sam Soon, Scent of A Woman/Helena's Promise, I Do, I Do) and Gong Yoo (Coffee Prince, Big). Kim Sun-ah plays the role of Chung Jae-in, a cop who goes undercover to befriend and protect Seung-hee (Nam Sang-mi, Gourmet), a daughter of a gangster, so that she wouldn't be used as bait. So Jae-in has to go undercover as a high school student--that means trying to protect Seung-hee, while studying and trying not to be a war freak and big bully, courtesy of her police training. And believe me, she's like a Korean version of Gracie Hart-- she just can not, not fight. ^^ And then there's Gong Yoo, but his character was quite a mystery throughout the entire film, and I wouldn't want to be a spoiler, so...

But this is quite an enjoyable movie, if you're into action-comedy films. It was quite nice to see Kim Sun-ah in this kind of a role. I've seen her sassy, shy, and simply adorable, so it was good to see her kick ass. ^^

If there's any way you'd get the chance to check it out, please do. You might really enjoy it. ^^

Cheerio!




No comments:

Post a Comment