Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Liquid Neutrogena Pure Mild Facial Cleanser

Hi. I've shared with you guys my skin care journey with Alba Botanica's AcneDote line and how much I love their products (as shared here), I needed to find myself a mild cleanser since I'm constantly suffering from minor burns again (due to peeling and the scrub. Bad combo).

I found this Liquid Neutrogena Pure Mild Facial Cleanser and my mom immediately approved (every product I use on my skin needs to pass "mom security" because of my "sensitivity). One of my aunts practically swears by Neutrogena, or at least it seems so since most of her stuff is from Neutrogena. My mom approved because it says "mild cleanser" so I gave it a go, and I've been using it for a little more than a month.




Each bottle is 100 ml. Retails for 122.00 but I bought mine for 119 in Mercury Drugstore. Dunno why. Consistency is just like a facial cleanser.




Directions, Ingredients, and Claims


The Verdict:

It's a so-so cleanser for me. I love Cetaphil, but I hate that it's too mild that it barely seems like it cleanses. As for this one, it foams up, so I feel like more dirt is removed. It doesn't remove everything (toner cotton ball carries proof), but I still feel refreshed after using it.

Smell is fine for me. The smell is...like ordinary soap. It doesn't have an acne-fighting ingredient (at least none that I know of) so breakout control is out the window, same as oil control. I've used products like this one which helps in oil control, and unfortunately, this cleanser cannot offer that, at least to me. Made my eyes sting the first couple of times I used it.

Overall, I'll be hanging on to this cleanser, especially when I start peeling. It's actually pretty good if you're into mild cleansers, but if you're into something stronger, Neutrogena has a lot of "well-equipped" cleansers as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment