Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Food Talk: Sausage and Bacon Sticky Noodles

Hi! Is it weird that I'll be talking about food again? Most of my new beauty stuff are having their pictorial, so I hope this would be enough for now.

When boredom strikes in our family, food experiments happen. This is one of my mom's new recipes. It all started with the Hofan noodles. They looked cool so I asked my mom to try em out. Hofan noodles are flat, translucent when uncooked, sticky noodles. My mom just then experimented with the toppings. =)





What you need: (I know because I prepared em all..haha)
- A head of garlic (or about 10 cloves). Don't smash em. Just peel off the skin. Soak them in water for easy peeling.
- A pack of bacon (or about 10 strips). Cut them as thinly and as little as you can.
- 2 large sized chorizos or sausage of your choice
- 1 pack Hofan Noodles (400 g, available in supermarkets for less than 100 bucks)
- 8 ripe tomatoes (yes 8. and they have to be really ripe). Diced
- Small onion. chopped

COOKING TIME!!! My mom doesn't have to-the-letter recipes, so these are just how she remembers the steps

1. NO OIL NEEDED. Grab a nonstick pan or any pan and fry the bacon til they're crispy. They have their own oil and that's all you need. Fry the chorizos too. I personally don't like chorizos, unless they're completely crispy.
2. Add the garlic and onions. Wait until they're cooked and add the tomatoes.
Cover your pan until the tomatoes start to release their juice.
3. Add salt and pepper to taste.
4. I would suggest to cook the noodles last because they're really sticky. They are cooked just like spaghetti noodles. After a few minutes, (they don't have to be too soft because you're gonna toss them with the sauce) put the noodles into the sauce and mix. 

This step is kind of a struggle because once out of water, the Hofan noodles become really sticky so you want to get the chance to coat every strand with the sauce.

You're done. =)

As you can see on one picture, my mom put a slice of quezo de bola on the side, just for an extra flavor. You can put cheddar cheese on top too if you like. And yes, one plate for each person. =)

Hope you liked this recipe. Cheerio!

No comments:

Post a Comment