Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Food Talk: Big Tummy Cupcakes

Hi guys. I've been planning to put up a food-related entry for quite a while, but I just never had the chance to do it until now. So here goes my first food entry. =)

One thing you should know about me is that I love, well, to eat. Although I'm more inclined to eat sour food more often, I have a sweet tooth too. The first freshly baked cupcake I got addicted to was Cupcakes by Sonja's carrot cupcake (I forgot what it's called...Bunny something). Since then, me and my family have been occasionally dropping by Serendra just to buy cupcakes.

Soon enough, I rewired my brain that I can't always go to Serendra just to have a cupcake fix so I scoured the malls near our place for more accessible options. I've tried the Frostings cupcakes back in Market Market, which also has a branch in Trinoma. And now this Big Tummy Cupcakes, located at the Upper Ground Floor of SM North Edsa Annex, just right in front of Wendy's.




(L) Chocolate Valrhona and (R) Carrot Cupcake


(L) Reese's Cupcake and (R) Mocha Cupcake


The three of them, except the Reese's one, cost 45 pesos each. The Reese's one is 55 bucks. 

Mine was the carrot one. At first, I was a tad disappointed with the icing because when I tasted it, it tasted like, well, icing. But, when I bit into it, with the cake, the icing taste was overpowered by the carrot cake, which was delicious. So, problem solved. I took a taste of the Reese's one, which was my sister's, and it did taste like Reese's peanut butter cups. My parents seemed relatively happy with theirs. =)

Big Tummy Cupcakes are moist, which is good. Price is okay. I just wish they had a wider selection of flavors. The only one I didn't try was the vanilla one. And maybe they could make the cupcake just a little bigger. Just a little.

What's your favorite cupcake? Lemme know. Cheerio!

4 comments:

  1. I want that Reese's cupcake! I live so near SM north but I rarely go to annex so I didn't know that they had this store there. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Reese's one tasted good. Drop by Annex next time again and check them out! =)The stall's kinda hard to miss since it's colorful. =)

      Delete
  2. MOUTH WATERING! cute ng cupcakes,
    I don't wanna eat them. sayang :(
    <3
    fashionerza.com
    I'm a long-time follower of your blog, waiting for you to be on my follower's list too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are cute! You're gonna have to eat them coz they taste good too. =))Just followed you!

      Delete