Friday, October 5, 2012

Fan-girling Episode 1: September

Hi. Probably not the best title I've whipped up, but nothing just came to mind. And this entry does feel like I'm having a "fan girl" episode. I just wanted to share with you guys the top TV series and songs for me for the month of September before I put up the entry of my hit-makers in beauty for the same month. =)

1. Best American Series of the Month:

 FRINGE
- I've never been a huge fan of series that are, how'd you say, about the great unknown. But, my sister is such a huge fan of X-Files, the 90s series with the famed tandem of agents Mulder and Scully who investigated a series of "out-there" and "hard-to-take-in" phenomena for 9 seasons running. When Fringe was said to be taking the steps behind X-Files, my sister jumped on it, enjoyed it, and took me in as well. Fringe is recently airing its fifth and last season, and with its hard-core characters and twisted plot, I think it deserves to be dubbed as one of the best sci-fi series. All hail, Olivia Dunham.

2. Best Korean Series of the Month


To the Beautiful You / For You in Full Blossom
-Carrying the "Hana Kimi fame" onto their shoulders, this drama was under such careful watch. I like it but when it airs locally (rumored to be shown in ABS-CBN), you'd probably think otherwise. But, with its humor and gender-bender plot, I was sold just with the first episode. For me, the series lacked the "pow" factor, the plot needed a few tweaks, and a few of the actors needed to be more believable in terms of their character portrayal. Nonetheless, with its light feel, great characters, and humor, I think it's one of the best Korean rom-com dramas I've watched.

September Playlist:
I'm a big music lover, and my playlist changes its contents very often. I'm a sad song lover (I don't know why), but my songs vary from pop, ballad, indie rock to rock-rock. =) Most of my songs are also from soundtracks. Here are some of the songs that made it to my September list.

1. Beautiful Disaster - Jon McLaughlin took my breath when he sang So Close in the Disney movie Enchanted (the part where they were dancing in the ball). This song is about a girl who've made some bad choices but is vulnerable and ready to change inside.
2. Because to Me, It's You - SISTAR's Hyorin has vocals that's definitely playlist worthy. This song is from the soundtrack of the series Glory Jane/Man of Honor. It's first line, which translates to "how much do I have to hurt for you to see my heart" gets me every time.
3. Key to My Heart - Jessica Jarell had me with her duet with Bieber's Overboard, but this I-love-you-so-can-I-tell-you? song made me love her even more.
4. A Sad Love Song - This song by the girl-duo Davichi is pretty much self-explanatory. Their vocals just make me extra emotional.
5. How to Love - Nope, not the Lil Wayne one. I like YouTube sensation Christina Grimmie and Tyler Ward's version better. Check out theirs here
6. Heaven - Ailee may be dubbed as the Korean Beyonce but she made her own mark with this Korean debut single
7. Cinderella - I've been listening to Steven Curtis Chapman since I was a kid and this song just makes me cry every time. It's about a dad who's realizing that his little girl (Cinderella) is growing up, soon to fall in love and get married. And this dad says that he'd dance with his Cinderella in every song because unlike the prince, he knows that soon enough, Cinderella would have to go.
8. In Your Eyes - This song showed just how good SHINee's Onew's vocals are. The unique sound of this song had me listening to it almost every day. This is from To the Beautiful You's OST.
9. When I Pretend - Jordan Pruitt will always be one of my favorite singers. This Disney alum may have been taking a different path by joining The Voice, but this song will always remind me that she was a Disney kid first.
10. I Can't - I can't...believe that this song only lasted for a couple of seconds in the drama, Oh! My Lady. This 4men song is so sad that I just cry whenever I listen to it. Just listen to it and try not to cry even with the line that translates to "I can't even bear dying because you might come back"

Wait for my Top Ten Beauty Hit List tomorrow! Happy weekend. Cheerio!

No comments:

Post a Comment