Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Certified Movie Buff: Cellular

Hi. Since it's October, I decided to switch up the types of movies I'd be putting up, being that it's Halloween month and all. 

I'm a very big fan of suspense/action films (so I'm happy that Patterson's character, Alex Cross will finally be on the big screen). Not so much fan of horror because most that I've watched scared the beejeezus out of me. And, I'm a huge Scream fan. Huge. =)

Anyway, this 2004 film Cellular is one of my absolute favorites. I've watched this probably more than 20 times because it's really good. It stars Kim Basinger, Chris Evans, and the bad guy, Jason Statham.



Kim Basinger plays Jessica Martin, a biology teacher who was kidnapped together with her son for something that her husband has witnessed and filmed on video (she finds out about it later on in the film). With a crushed telephone inside where she was being held as her only piece of hope, she attempts to repair it and contact anybody who can help her. She gets lucky and reaches the cell phone of Ryan, played by Chris Evans, and asks for help to save her, her son, and her husband who was being tracked down by Ethan (Jason Statham)

This movie would make you hold your breath, like when Ryan's phone runs of juice. A great suspense film that's going to make you hold on to every scene just to find out if a stranger would help out a woman claiming that she's been kidnapped on the phone.

If you love suspense films like me, do check this one out.

Cheerio!

No comments:

Post a Comment