Monday, September 9, 2013

August 2013 Hit Listers

Hey! It's time for another list of Hit Listers. ^^ As I've mentioned a few times, August was quite a busy month for me, so most of these things have been my go-to items, especially during my overnight stays. 

So without further ado, my August hit listers! ^^


asianwiki.com

asianwiki.com

1. Master's Sun and Who Are You? (2013)
-I'd probably be okay losing sleep but I can't miss my K-dramas. Right now, I'm watching two I-see-ghosts dramas.

Master's Sun is the latest Hong Sisters' drama which I absolutely love. The Hong Sisters are well-known for their dramas Delightful Girl Chun-hyang, You're Beautiful, My Girlfriend is a Gumiho, The Greatest Love/Best Love, and Big. I'd say that they probably make the coolest rom-coms I've ever watched. Master's Sun is horror-com about Gong-sil, played by Best Love's Gong Hyo-jin, a woman who can see ghosts. The drama got me hooked because not only is it funny but the plot has many witty twists as well. So Ji Sub is awesome here, too who is her ghost repellant who dislikes her. The ghosts here are pretty scary but I just can't get past Gong Hyo-jin's ridiculously huge eye bags and not laugh. She takes on many jobs and well, loses a whole lot of sleep because of the ghosts keeping her up.

Who Are You? (2013) is also a ghost drama but it takes on a more serious tone. So E-Hyun plays Shi-on, a detective who founds herself working for the Lost and Found Section of the police department after being in a coma for six years with absolutely no idea of what had happened. But she did take on a gift of seeing ghosts as she goes through the stuff in the lost and found section. Playing her partner is the non-ghost believer Gun Woo, played by 2PM's Ok Taecyeon. The main story arc though of this series is about the death of Shi-on's boyfriend,  Hyung Joon (played by Kim Jae Wook), who was killed in the line of duty six years ago.



2. Holika Holika Pore Sea Stem Cell Cover Balm
-Ever since I've tried the sample of Lioele's Rich Pore Balm, I've been on the search for something that has the same effect but with a lighter price tag. I've been loving this balm so far. It creates a perfect canvass and at the same time, helps with sebum control.



3. Celeteque Acne Solutions Oil Control Toner
-While on a one-month break from my Neutrogena Set, I decided to give this Celeteque toner a try. With a couple of weeks in usage, I could say that this really does help in drying up pimples.


4. Too Cool for School After School BB Foundation Lunch Box (Matte)
- I actually really like this BB cream, one because it has a super-matte finish which I like and because it has SPF and is travel-sized. I brought this with me during my all-nighters at work.


5. It's Skin Mini Tint Gloss in Mango 
- When I saw Its Skin's stall in SM North Edsa, I just freaked out. I didn't realize that another Korean beauty store opened this year. I immediately grabbed this and I actually love it. I usually stay away from glosses because I commute but I'll gladly make an exemption for this one because it leaves a tint on your lips. Review to follow. ^^


6. Careline Easy Mascara in Blue
-There is something really cool about blue mascara. It just gives a really nice effect on the lashes. Although this mascara is any-proof ^^, I love it just because. ^^


7. Careline Easy Mascara in Brown
-While I'm contemplating on which brow setting mascara to purchase, I decided to try if this one from Careline would do the trick and it does the trick. It's a bit dark that what I would usually use but it works. ^^


8. Gold Eyelash Curler from Saizen
-This one is just another run-of-the-mill eyelash curler but it's gold! It looks so classy and it works just as well as any other eyelash curler. The only difference being is that it looks great to display.


9. Bobbie Kaleidoscope Polish in Lemon Souffle
-This color changing polish is the coolest nail polish I've tried so far. I wish the color changed a lot more often but I still like the fact that the color does change. Now, I don't have to worry about changing nail colors very often.

visitflanders.co.uk

whatsgoodattraderjoes.com


10. Speculoos
-I felt very lucky to have finally tried the famous Speculoos cookies and Speculoos Cookie Butter when someone brought them over at the office. It was even more delicious than I thought. The only way I know how to describe it is that it tastes like Christmas Gingerbread cookies. I'd gladly eat it by itself on my own if only it wasn't so expensive. 

So what made your August happy? Lemme know. Cheerio!

2 comments:

  1. How much was the Holika Holika Stem Cell cream and the Its skin gloss? At what price point would you say Its skin lies? :) So excited that there are more Korean beauty brands coming. Holika Holika is very well priced when compared to it's Korean price tag. Too Cool for School has always been pricey so it's no surprise (Hey I Rhymed!...again!) that they're a little up there for me.

    Is that little mascara good too? I've seen it but the SA told me it wasn't waterproof? And they only had blue.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! The Holika Holika balm was around Php 450 and the gloss was Php 194. It's Skin probably has the same price range as Tony Moly. I was only able to check out a few of their products and most have no prices, but I'd say nowhere far Tony Moly's and Etude House's price ranges.

      I'm glad too that we're catering more and more Korean brands. I'd have to agree in terms of Holika Holika's and Too Cool for School's price ranges. ^^

      Careline's mascaras are pretty good. They're not waterproof nor are they smudgeproof but they flake off which I like better than smudging all over my eyes like smudged eyeliner. And the blue one is pretty good. :D

      Hope I was able to answer your questions. ^^ Thanks!

      Delete