Monday, September 30, 2013

Holika Holika Pore Sea Stem Cover Balm

Hey guys! A few weeks after Holika Holika opened its first branch in the Philippines, I decided to check it out just to see if there was anything that I'd actually be interested in trying.

The first balm I've ever tried was Lioele's Rich Pore Balm. I thought about buying the full-sized one then realized I should probably look for a cheaper alternative since the one from Lioele is over a thousand bucks. 



This cover balm retails for 485.00 Php for a 20g tub. It's of the same consistency with the one from Lioele-- almost a pasty non-oily balm. According to the SA, this can actually improve the skin's texture and the size of pores.



The Verdict:

I actually love this balm just as I loved the one from Lioele. It's not as expensive but it works just as well. It makes the skin feel velvety smooth and it helps in oil control. This actually allows me to blot at lunch time and not right after I step into the office. It covers a lot of my small pores-- kind of like those under the eye area--but not the big ones. Application of foundation and everything else is a breeze. It can also be used as a finishing balm because of its powdery texture.

Since it's a cover balm, it can be used for target application, say around the T-zone area. But if you want to use it on your entire face, you can opt to mix it with your moisturizer. I see a lot of Korean MUAs doing this. ^^ Just get a small amount of balm and about a pump of your moisturizer and proceed with application. ^^

This balm is awesome because it's not that expensive considering the amount of product you'd need to cover your entire face. I actually just run my fingers through (which is not very hygienic) and dab the product onto my nose, forehead, and cheeks.

This is probably one product I'd bring with me all the time. It's very versatile and just what I need to help with my oiliness. The oil control only lasts for about 4 hours or so but it's awesome all the same.

Have you tried a cover balm before? Lemme know. Cheerio!

No comments:

Post a Comment